What's new

Add screenshot to layer

mikecox

I had been using the Brush tool but it stopped being active for some reason, while trying to get it active again I pressed a key combination, by mistake, that added a recent screen shot to my layers panel.

I have no idea what combination was but I was so excited to see it happen because it appears to mean that there is a shortcut for loading screenshots into the layer panel of the current image. Can someone tell me what that shortcut is?

fredfish

Guru
+1 to IamSam

Did you perhaps simply press Ctrl + v ? Which as I am sure you know is the universal shortcut for paste and if you have a screenshot on the clipboard that would certainly place it as a new layer directly above the currently active layer.

Cheers

John

mikecox

Oh, that's what must have happened!

But I learned something from your response! I was not aware that screenshots went directly to the clipboard. I always went looking for them after I took them. Maybe it's because I rarely use the Screenshot option because I prefer to use Fullshot to capture specific areas of my screen.

Thanks!

mikecox

It was the screenshot clipboard! But thanks for the shortcut link, I bookmarked it.

fredfish

Guru
Oh, that's what must have happened!

But I learned something from your response! I was not aware that screenshots went directly to the clipboard. I always went looking for them after I took them. Maybe it's because I rarely use the Screenshot option because I prefer to use Fullshot to capture specific areas of my screen.

Thanks!
No problem - we all have something new to learn!

Cheers

John