What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add screenshot to layer

mikecox

I had been using the Brush tool but it stopped being active for some reason, while trying to get it active again I pressed a key combination, by mistake, that added a recent screen shot to my layers panel.

I have no idea what combination was but I was so excited to see it happen because it appears to mean that there is a shortcut for loading screenshots into the layer panel of the current image. Can someone tell me what that shortcut is?

fredfish

Guru
+1 to IamSam

Did you perhaps simply press Ctrl + v ? Which as I am sure you know is the universal shortcut for paste and if you have a screenshot on the clipboard that would certainly place it as a new layer directly above the currently active layer.

Cheers

John

+1 to @iamsam

did you perhaps simply press ctrl + v ? Which as i am sure you know is the universal shortcut for paste and if you have a screenshot on the clipboard that would certainly place it as a new layer directly above the currently active layer.

Cheers

john

obs!!!!

mikecox

Oh, that's what must have happened!

But I learned something from your response! I was not aware that screenshots went directly to the clipboard. I always went looking for them after I took them. Maybe it's because I rarely use the Screenshot option because I prefer to use Fullshot to capture specific areas of my screen.

Thanks!

mikecox

It was the screenshot clipboard! But thanks for the shortcut link, I bookmarked it.

fredfish

Guru
Oh, that's what must have happened!

But I learned something from your response! I was not aware that screenshots went directly to the clipboard. I always went looking for them after I took them. Maybe it's because I rarely use the Screenshot option because I prefer to use Fullshot to capture specific areas of my screen.

Thanks!

No problem - we all have something new to learn!

Cheers

John