What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I remove pen on pen?

my2rugrats

I found an old letter that had some writing crossed out and I am trying to see what is under the scribbled part. Is there any way to do this?? Thank you for all of the help!

Paul

Former Member
Firstly thanks for coming to PSG, in answer to your question NO.
Photoshop does a lot of great things but acting out a scene from CSI is not one of them, maybe one day it might be able to, have you tried holding the letter up to a bright light on the off chance you can make out some of the under letter?

my2rugrats

Lol, yea I tried holding it up to a light. I'm definitely trying to play detective, I'm just failing at it!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry that we can't be of more help. It was worth a shot though! Good luck with playing detective!

cyberwasp

If the pen layer is a different color then what's under it, couldn't you try pinpointing the covering color and reduce it. Won't be like csi but may help!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How would you reduce the 'covering color'?

cyberwasp

I would think you could use the eyedropper to find the cover color than reduce the saturation to see if any different hues are residing underneath. Also use the channels in curves to reduce the top color to a point where the hue between the two layers of ink maybe slightly different. Enough to maybe see the underlying ink. would be worth trying. unless it as signed with the same pen in exactly the same place, also ink pigments are different.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
One thing you might try is an experiment. On a plain sheet of white paper, write something in one color and then scribble it out with another color, scan the image and see if your theory works. I'd be interested in seeing your results.