What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you help me to do something similiar ?

FlawEdits

maxresdefault.jpg

As you can notice, the image has some shadows on the left and the right side. Can someone help me to reproduce that ? And I would like to know what font is used for the the text ( Paranoid 2015 ) and the settings used in PhotoShop (shadows etc). Thanks in advance !

The curved darker areas on the L and R sides is called a vignetting effect. There are a zillion tutorials explaining the many different ways to do it. Just Google {photoshop tutorial vignette effect}.

To identify the font, there are several on-line services that will do this for you. Just Google { identify font from image}. Given that each character is considerably taller than wide, it is probably a font that has been modified by stretching in the vertical direction. There are lots of ways to do this, as well, but the easiest is to simply use the move tool and pull up on the center handle along the top line of the bounding box. My guess is that if you used an extremely common sans-serif font like Arial and modified the height and letter spacing you would get very close.

BTW, just how much experience with PS do you have? Also, which version?

You didn't mention the diagonal thin black lines. If you know how to do them, that's great. If not, we'll get to them after you first work on the above two effects.

You didn't mention the diagonal thin black lines. If you know how to do them, that's great. If not, we'll get to them after you first work on the above two effects.

I know how to do the black lines. About your question, I ocasionally use Photoshop for small edits. Anyway, thanks for your advices. They were very useful. I succed to realize the effects.

ok here's my effort.I am relatively new to photoshop i improved myself after joining in here in this great forum with the help of amazing gurus.Gurus can guide you through with some lighting effects etc..

foot.jpg

Attachments

• balu.jpg
    balu.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
BTW How to make the image sharpen like the attached image by the original one posted by FlawEdits above ??

I don't think the image is any sharper, you used much smaller lines that are placed closer together which makes the image appear blurry when viewed at 100%.
Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 10.06.10 AM.png

Thank you IamSam.Whats the easiest method to use vignetting effect ? I know there are plenty of tutorials available.But want to know how you Gurus do it usually.

I'm not a huge fan of vignetting. I think it is an overused effect that contributes little to the overall image. The primary argument is that it refocuses the eye towards the center of the image. Well that's fine but it's only and excuse for poor composition. Take the image above. It's too centered and there's too much area on either side of the primary subject. This image benefits from a vignette only because it framed improperly.

But, since you ask, I like to use a color fill adjustment layer because it can easily be edited at anytime.

I add the color fill layer and lower it's opacity so I see through it.
Select the Color fill layers layer mask.
I then use the Elliptical Marquis Tool with it's feather set at 100%.
I create an ellipse.
Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 10.24.46 AM.png

And fill it with black.
I then adjust the color fill layers opacity to suite.
Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 10.34.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 10.29.54 AM.png

Last edited:
Thank you, Sam. I couldn't agree more with u on the subject of vignetting, as well as the diagonal lines being too close together.

In fact, to add to your comment about vignetting, it's considered a mark of an inferior lens. Pro photographers pay big $$$ to have lenses with minimal vignetting.

Cheers,

Tom

PS - I hope the OP returns to this thread!

I'm not a huge fan of vignetting. I think it is an overused effect that contributes little to the overall image. The primary argument is that it refocuses the eye towards the center of the image. Well that's fine but it's only and excuse for poor composition. Take the image above. It's too centered and there's too much area on either side of the primary subject. This image benefits from a vignette only because it framed improperly.

But, since you ask, I like to use a color fill adjustment layer because it can easily be edited at anytime.

I add the color fill layer and lower it's opacity so I see through it.
Select the Color fill layers layer mask.
I then use the Elliptical Marquis Tool with it's feather set at 100%.
I create an ellipse.
View attachment 62096

And fill it with black.
I then adjust the color fill layers opacity to suite.
View attachment 62097

View attachment 62098

This awesome !! Here's my attempts .Made 2 versions. Great one IamSam

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

Here's a simple version framed a little better.
Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 12.15.14 PM.png

I have a small doubt IamSam What's the difference between a color fill layer and photo filter ? As am a beginner in photoshop it sounds both are same in functionality ? Can you kindly explain ? Seems photo filter is new addition

There are at least 2ways to create a color fill layer.

First is to hit the half moon icon located at the bottom of the payers panel.
Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 1.18.09 PM copy.png

And second, go to LAYER > NEW FILL LAYER > SOLID COLOR
Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 1.20.28 PM.png

Last edited:

Back