What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing colour of a jacket PLUS reflections! :)

Brycehughes

Hi Everyone,

The Lady in this photo was wearing a reddish jacket and I need to change it to blue, or any colour really, I tried the hue/sat layer method and brushing it in but the problem is (if you look hard or zoom a bit) is that her friends hands, and possibly her own neck, have reflections of the jacket on their skin..

Everything is possible.... I just don't know how?

Thanks,

Bryce

_DSC2891web.jpg

Looks simple enough just use the square marquee tool and draw a box around her jacket then go to select > color range and click on the red jacket, adjust the fuzziness until you have a good mask then go to image>adjustment / hue saturation select the red channel if the jacket is red and then adjust the sliders to suit

Thanks for the speedy reply,

Yeah I think I have gone about this, just a different method of selecting.. The problem is when I adjust the hue of the red it effects their skin colur, and when I just have the jacket selected (as in the picture) you can see the redish/pink? reflection in their skin.. have a look at the hand on her shoulder..

after you have made an outline with marquee tool select the quick select and put it in subtract mode and just deselect around the skin. then continue as normal upload original pic and I will have a quick go

Sorry was munching away on my supper did not realise you had uploaded it until Clare replied lol ps clare thats the original.View attachment _DSC2891.psd <<< Ok click this to download my psd template of your image once you open it you will see your image is now 4 layers starting from the bottom layer.
1) original image
2) hue saturation adjustment layer
3) a layer with just her coat on it
4) another adjustment layer

select layer 4 and above the layers panel you should see a hue saturation window adjust the sliders to the desired colour
then select layer 2 and ever so slightly adjust the sliders to match the hand reflection or keep them neutral.

That should be it.
or just save this image lol
_DSC2891.png

Back