What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing the inside/outside of a texts font color

Banayah

I have a font I'm using for a logo and would like to change the inside and outside border colors, however when changing the color, the entire font is changed.

I would like to make the inside black and the outside shadow red.

How could I accomplish this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Font Color Set to Black.png

Font Color Set to Red.png

Hi @Banayah
This can be done by using Layer Styles on the text.
First Make sure the text is the same color as the background.
For the black, you use a drop shadow Layer Style
For the Red you use a Stroke
I took a screen shot of all the settings that I used in the example provided:
Hope that helps
John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 12.00.35 PM.jpg

That helps out a lot!
Hi @Banayah
This can be done by using Layer Styles on the text.
First Make sure the text is the same color as the background.
For the black, you use a drop shadow Layer Style
For the Red you use a Stroke
I took a screen shot of all the settings that I used in the example provided:
Hope that helps
John Wheeler

View attachment 139601
This helps out a lot! How would I fill in the inside of the letters with all red, or even black without having to change the entire background to black like?

Team Black but background has to be black.png

Activate the Magic Wand tool and check the box that says Contiguous. Hold down the Shift key and click inside the interior of each letter. You should get a selection that looks like this. (I temporarily reduced the layer opacity of the letters so that the selection can be better seen.)

Once you've got that selection, then on a new layer you can either stroke or fill it with any color.

By the way... nice job on the flags.

1693251494028.png

Another way is with the Text Layer selected in the Layers Panel and select all of the text in the image, you just change the text of the Text to the desired solid color. Also in this cse the need for a red stroke goes away do I disabled that Layer Style for this result.
Of course this also assume I understood your question a bit better this time :)
Hope that helps
John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2023-08-28 at 1.47.24 PM.jpg

Activate the Magic Wand tool and check the box that says Contiguous. Hold down the Shift key and click inside the interior of each letter. You should get a selection that looks like this. (I temporarily reduced the layer opacity of the letters so that the selection can be better seen.)

Once you've got that selection, then on a new layer you can either stroke or fill it with any color.

By the way... nice job on the flags.

View attachment 139603
Exactly what I needed Thanks! And appreciate the help with the flags as well!

Another way is with the Text Layer selected in the Layers Panel and select all of the text in the image, you just change the text of the Text to the desired solid color. Also in this cse the need for a red stroke goes away do I disabled that Layer Style for this result.
Of course this also assume I understood your question a bit better this time :)
Hope that helps
John Wheeler

View attachment 139604
I appreciate the help!

Back