What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Create Hoogle a T shirt: template and tutorial

Hoogle

Guru
Ok I have a friend who has a garment printing company they do the printint before the apparel is stiched up so really you are very flexible on what you design. I would like a funky t shirt designed that I will get printed this is a free for all so go with whatever you think will make a cool design. Or you can just play with this template to mess around for yourself.... I forgot to mention in the video I think it is to use the Cmyk colour scheme in the printing process. If you come up with a design then please re upload the psd renamed to your forum name along with a jpeg image of the main design as a preview.
here is the template from the video. Ok the psd is to big so I am using media share so just upload a jpeg file and of on the t shirt and a jpeg with the art group merged together so I can just merge that into the clipping mask create hoogle a tshirt.psd

SeniorS

Guru
You didn't say how big you'll need it? A4 is my guess?

P.S. I'm not good at design and don't think i'll make one but that's important information to others.

Hoogle

Guru
that is set for a medium size apparantly the printing size is multiplied so does not actually print the same size as what you see on the screen. I dont understand it exactly but I trust him he has done some cool pics and I only based the template on the dimensions he suggested the rest will be tweaked they dont print from that psd only the graphics layer that goes into another actual template

Vafann

Guru
This sounds like fun Hoogle! I got a t-shirt template with "Digital Artist" magazine, is it the same one? I just unpacked it yesterday and haven´t really taken a close look at it yet. With "Funky" you mean what? :)

Hoogle

Guru
no it is not a digital artist template however I would like to see if it is better than mine I want to play around with some ideas. I am just looking for something different yet stylish.

Vafann

Guru
no it is not a digital artist template however I would like to see if it is better than mine I want to play around with some ideas. I am just looking for something different yet stylish.

Do you want me to send you the T-shirt PSD?

Hoogle

Guru
Thank you I got the front part in my email I can actually use my back on your front if that makes sense. I prefer your template it has a bit more realistic look about it than my attempt lol.

Vafann

Guru
Thank you I got the front part in my email I can actually use my back on your front if that makes sense. I prefer your template it has a bit more realistic look about it than my attempt lol.
Yeah, it wouldn´t let me send the back part, it said that it was too big, I didn´t know that a psd could be too big, I thought that they were compressed in some way. This is interesting because i was going to send a psd to ibclare with something else and I might have problems now I see. How big are they allowed to be, do you know?

Hoogle

Guru
no my template was 38 mb but that was front and back in 1 document. I have had psds over a gigabyte before.

SeniorS

Guru
Yeah, it wouldn´t let me send the back part, it said that it was too big, I didn´t know that a psd could be too big, I thought that they were compressed in some way. This is interesting because i was going to send a psd to ibclare with something else and I might have problems now I see. How big are they allowed to be, do you know?

Save it as TIF with LZW compresion. It will have all layer etc but will be much smaller. I work only with tifs for that reason.

P.S. PSD had no compresion at all.

Vafann

Guru
Save it as TIF with LZW compresion. It will have all layer etc but will be much smaller. I work only with tifs for that reason.

P.S. PSD had no compresion at all.
Ok, Seniors S! I will try to figure out how to do that! On the other hand, I just found out that it could be my stupid e-mail server provider or whatever it´s called in English, I think they may have put some kind of limit on how large files I can send, I will open a new account with something else then also that will allow larger files.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Don't know where you're at with this. I just discovered the thread. Here's a first quick attempt. Yeah I know, stalking on FB again!

Attachments

• HoogTshirt1.jpg
    HoogTshirt1.jpg
    676.1 KB · Views: 12

Hoogle

Guru
tHATS A REALLY COOL PICTURE I LIKE KALEIDESCOPE EFFECTS MAYBE GET IT IN LITTLE GLOW TUBES ON THE T SHIRT HAVE YOU GOT THE PSD OF THE DESIGN

ibclare

Queen Bee
and another. After this, slightly more original designs when I have the time. Both of these are taken from your FB pages. I think the lifebouy should be slightly more off-center.

Attachments

• HoogTshirt2.jpg
    HoogTshirt2.jpg
    668.1 KB · Views: 11