What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Croping/trimming/resizing multiple images

goodstuff

Hello all,

I am hoping some of you Photoshop experts can help us out with a large project we are working on.

We have an ecommerce website with over 10,000 products across multiple categories. Each product has 1-5 pictures of the product. When adding these products we received images from multiple sources... all our images are different sizes and this looks odd in our search and different areas of the site. The actual products themselves are different sizes and the whitespace/canvas are different sizes... there really is not rhyme or reason at this point.

Here is what we need to do:

1. Make all product part of the image of each category the same size - the actual product itself
  2. Make all the whitespace/canvas the same size of each category
We have aprox. 30,000 images... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

In the perfect world it would be:-
Image - Trim
File - Automate FitImage
Image - Canvas Size

The problem will be the background it would have to be nearly perfect white.

If I understand you correctly you want to take images of different sizes and make them all the same size.
Are you asking how to automate this process?
I don't see how with images of different sizes, ratios, some vertical and some horizontal.

Thanks for your replies. I think we are going to try - batch croping (should remove white space?) then resize all those crops based on the category... then add correct amount of canvas/whitespace...

I can help with this. Go to Top tab [ Image >> image size... >> uncheck (constrain proportions) >> change image size to fit your needs.

I will warn you there are downsides to this. The pixels will be rearrange. The image may not come out the way you will like it. It might get blurry and such.

Good news is that you decide the size which is what you wanted

Reply back to me if it works

Back