What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Customizing Tablet Pen Buttons (Erase)

titch71

I've just purchased a new tablet and was looking to use the first button on the pen to erase but cant find any info on how to achieve this if possible.

I had borrowed one of the older Wacom Bamboo tablets from my work and this was easy as it was an option in the driver - there was a drop down option to erase and clicking the button temporarily changed the pen to an eraser.

Basically if i am drawing and have the brush/pencil selected i would like to be able to hold down the first button on my pen which would then change to erase but then on release of the button to go back to bush/pencil.

Is this possible in photoshop?

If not i was wondering what most people use the first button for when using a tablet.

Cheers

MrToM

Guru
You don't actually say what the 'new' tablet is, which would have been useful, but I assume it doesn't have the same 'Preferences' settings as Wacom Tablets do otherwise you wouldn't be posting here.

Not sure what to suggest really...but there are no options in PS to change anything related to tablets.

Middle click.

Regards.
MrToM.

titch71

Thanks for the reply - sorry i didnt mention the model it's a huion 1060pro+

The driver will allow for any of the mouse buttons plus a keypress configuration (any key) + ctrl/alt/shift.

Shame really as i found holding down the pen button to erase and then letting go to start drawing again quick and efficient.

titch71

Managed to get this working.

Just in case anyone else has this issue i had to set the tablet up a follows - please note this worked for me - W10 x64 Huion 060pro+

Hioun Control Panel

Set First Button to 'change brush'
Tick 'Support Tablet PC' - Without this ticked the Pen worked but it missed pixels and everything feels more responsive it did cause issues when selecting tools - see below.

Windows Pen and Touch Settings

Enable Press and Hold - without this i had issues selecting tools and other items in photoshop - its still not 100% i have to move the pen into the option i want but it works
Pen Buttons - Leave both the boxes unticked. These were ticked before and this seemed to stop the 'Change Brush' option working in the Huion Control Panel

Hopefully this might help anyone with similar issues to me as i couldn't find any info on it anywhere else.