What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Composite Fantasy Manipulation Play

Pipsmom

Guru
ChrisDesign inspired me yesterday with a master piece he did in Blender..... so that set me off to try and do something Arty in Photoshop.
Not as good as his...and still not satisfied with reflections but it was good practice......But boy did I have fun experimenting with blending
I encourage all newbies no matter what level your at to give it a try and see what you can achieve also

Before pictures

030BA1B0-1D01-47D9-B3B0-ED2FE50BFAD2-325-00000025FEA5B500.jpeg

49D6DB23-5AF0-457C-9F8B-BDCDCDB5A90A-223-00000019A75A5ABD.jpeg

night-sky-stars-milky-way-photography-22__880.jpg

After

moon, valley, sky.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great work! I really like this one! Do you have a slightly larger version we could view?

Pipsmom

Guru
As it was jus for fun I used the original sizes but if you can tell me how to enlarge it without losing quality it will help me in the future and teach others what needs to be done also :thumbsup:

gedstar

Guru
You could open a new canvas with double the dimension so 1540 * 680 px
Copy the original image into the new canvas and convert to smart object and then resize to fit

Argos

Guru
Nice work! it's nothing you can do now about the size, you're going to lose quality, next time you just use a bigger image as canvas, there alot of similar landscape on google :thumbsup:.

Cheers!

fredfish

Guru
I agree with Argos. Converting to a smart object will help to maintain the image quality if you shrink and then restore a layer (IE if you don't create a smart object and then free transform a layer to really small and accept it - then try to make the layer its origional size you will loose bucket loads of quality - go on try it :)). If you create a smart object first you can restore the size with no loss of quality. However even if the layer is a smart object increasing the size of the layer above its origional will always loose some quality.

BUT can I just say what an amazing job you have done on this composition! Really good.

Cheers

John

Pipsmom

Guru
Thanks everyone really needed that blast of confidence and I’ll be doing more as there were a few points I need more practice on or having trouble making things work right..
You guys make it look so easy...now I know the work that goes into one I respect you all even more.

Sure wish I could show you what I see on my screen before posting it gets posted here.... Quality really suffered on transfer

Excellent composite Pipsmom!

Very well done!

I'm glad that you got inspired by my work, and I'm very proud of your work.