What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Font size issue

MoltresRider

On my Photoshop at home, on a 2880x1620 canvas, I need to make my font size >100 in order to be able to read the text. On the Photoshop where I go to college, on a 7000x5000 canvas, a 28 point font shows up larger than a 100 size font on my 2880x1620 canvas. What could be the issue with my Photoshop and why do I need to make my fonts larger than at school?

gedstar

Guru
This is what I get with

Image Size 2880 * 1620 and Font 100 Pixels, Zoom 39%
Untitled1.jpg

Image Size 7000 * 5000 and Font 23 Pixels, Zoom 15%
Untitled2.jpg

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
...I need to make my font size >100...
Greater than 100 what?

Are the monitor resolutions the same?

Are you viewing at 100% zoom for both?

The canvas size is irrelevant, the text should be the same size at the same zoom level regardless...but if the monitor resolutions are different then you'll see a difference.

You'll also see a difference if you use 'Print Size' but the screen resolution is not set correctly in the preferences.

Regards.
MrToM.

MoltresRider

1366x764 is my resolution, school uses 1920x1080. regardless, to string the same text completely across the same image of the same dimensions, per say 2880 width, I may need 125 while the school gets the same text, same font from one edge of the image to the other using 28 point font. The resolutions should not matter, the size of the image and the required font size in order to go all the way across that image are what we're dealing with here.