What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

geometrical colors

Hey guys, I'm trying to achieve the effect below but not sure how. I only found one way of doing it using Boken to turn that into a mosaic. Any other ideas?

geometrical-colorful-business-card_1017-67.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello.

I have noticed that these geometric triangle patterns seem to be popular at the moment.

I have been working on a method to accomplish this in Ps for awhile now. I'm still working on a solution.

It's a matter of layering and blend modes.
Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 9.34.39 AM.png

Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Yup... seems to be a fad in the forum nowadays... lol...

You can also google search for a suitable geometric pattern.

Use the lasso tool to create duplicate layers of a pattern shape, sequence or section, move them around, apply color adjustment layer and solid colors to the duplicates and play around with the color modes of each layer.... possible combinations and configurations are limitless and up to you....

geometric.jpg

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
using max can get you a base like this, if you're interested in the base geometry render and selection map, let me know i'll pass them along. it's a quick method but not accurate.
Geo_max.jpg

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
yeah, 3D studio max, alternatives inclued blender if you are not eligable for a free license for 3D studio max

OGonzo

I could be wrong but I look at that design and immediately think that using Illustrator would be better suited for it. Thoughts?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm getting closer with Photoshop, but not quite there.

I still think there are other programs better suited for this type of effect.

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 6.31.16 PM.png

tuutuutuut

'I never use illegal software'

since when is 'I' a 'she'?

above all, i was just joking about myself and how I would 'never use illegal software' because she said 'if you are not eligable for a free license for 3D studio max '.

I guess not me but you all are jumping to conclusions.

thanks for reading the text and understanding the context as well.

I'm sorry if your insulted by any of the above statements.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Enough said. Thanks for the apology.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
okay, so it was a misunderstanding, understood, apologies for any conclusions unwittingly drawn up.

but just as something to take away from this here, people take things said on the internet at face value. I wasn't aware if it was a joke, an accusation or a quote from someone else somewhere along the lines.
it might be a good idea next time, if there is some sort of marker that it was indeed a joke, you know normally people add a smiley or "jk" at the end, just to prevent misunderstandings such as this. it tripped two of us up here from different sides of the world, so you can't really fault one or the other for not getting it.

there's no need to kick up a fuss over it though, people misunderstood your context, there's no need to get riled up about it just because a moderator asked for clarification. ;)
if you wish to add anything further to the discussion, seeing as it involves just two of us, PM me, we can sort it out there.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
Last edited:

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
There are many ways to create these geometrical patterns. Unfortunately, as in anything vector, I'd use a different non-adobe Vector application in order to create these and haven't really gotten down to how to adapt the procedures into Photoshop....

But here's what I think are good procedures in Photoshop.... most especially the 4th and 3rd to the last tutorials as its similar to what I'd do in my vector apps.... http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/pattern-tutorials/ ....

IamSam ... try adapting the 4th and 3rd to the last tutorials to achieve what you're working on.....