What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Me Print Without ColorSync

MTNauert

I'm trying to print a photoshop file on my Epson xp-970. This warning pops up:

ColorSync color matching may produce different results than printer color management. Either Photoshop color management or printer color management is recommended.
In photoshop printer manages color is selected because that is what I want.

436x528?v=1.png
ExpandIcon.svg

In the printer dialogue box there are no options for color management or anything related to color. In the drop down menu I have Media & Quality, Layout, Paper Handling, Cover Page, and Supply Levels.

411x267?v=1.png
ExpandIcon.svg

I want to print with Printer manages colors. I dont want ColorSync to do anything. I have googled this all over, and have no idea how to fix this.

I reinstalled the epson drivers. I deleted the printer from the apple system preferences. I added the printer back onto the apple system preferences. I updated all the Epson software. I need some help to fix this. The printer was working perfectly fine until yesterday.

I'm on a Mac OSX 10.10.5

Thank you for any help you can offer!

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi @MTNauert
There are a couple paths that might work yet that is a pretty old OS so the first option should work on that version of OS
You can download an Adobe Print Utility to specifically print files with a few options and one of those is with no color management and not driver support (as I recall). So sends the color information bypassing all color management to the printers engine to convert the RGB to what is needed to fire the right ink nozzles. Note that this app needs the file to be in TIFF format so you might have to save a version in that format.

Here is the link: Adobe Print Utility

Another path that should work (yet not sure back to OS 10.10 is reading the file into the Macs ColorSync Utility app (not to be confused with the printer driver color management also named Colorsync where the more recent OS versions allow you to print with no Color Management.
Here is a link for that option: Print with no color management through ColorSync Utility

Printing with absolutely no Color Management is needed for creating Color Targets when calibrating/profiling printers so when Adobe and Apple decided to create an interface that made color management as a default, they had left out the option to totally turn off the Color Management so created a small problem. The above two paths help with that problem

Hope this helps some
John Wheeler

MTNauert

Thank you so much! The second option actually worked. I didn't see any option to print with no color management anywhere, but in the ColorSync Dialogue box there's an option to "Hand off to printer" that worked perfect!