What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to cut a text from image without disturbing its background.

Pooja Garg

I am new to Photoshop CS5
am not getting how to cut the text in image and its background color or image remains the same....

any help will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance...!
Pooja

Hi Pooja...Not sure exactly what you want to do here...is it the text you want to keep or the image that you are removing the text from?

I'll assume that you want the image without the text on it. If the area of the image around the text is fairly plain and not too busy, you can use Content Aware.

1. Make a rough selection around the unwanted text.
2. From the top left hand side of the window choose Edit > Fill
3. In the Fill window make sure Content-Aware is selected and click OK. (No need to change any other settings)

What Content Aware does is to sample everything in the image that is just outside of your selection, and then fill the selection with what it finds. This especially works well on a plain background. However, if the background is a complicated/busy background, then the results will not be as good.

A couple of other methods are either the Clone Stamp Tool, or the Patch Tool. Perhaps if you could give more details about your particular image...then either myself or someone else could advise you further.

Hope this helps you out.

Hey I got that not properly as my background image is lil complicated and busy but wat I wanted its working fine

Thanks
Pooja

Back