What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make 3d chrome text as a metal placed over textured surface

blasteralfred

Hi guys,
I have googled a lot for Photoshop chrome text effects, and found lot of tutorials. But I have one pic, in which you can see one logo, looks like a metal chrome logo, placed on top of some cloth or something. I wonder if this can be achieved with Photoshop. Is there any tutorial or anybody help me to make text look like this. I am attaching the image.
Thank you.
logo (3).jpg

Hello and welcome to PSG.

This effect can be done in Ps, but it will take some skill.

I would actually have to play with the effect before I could figure out the best approach. One, would be, to use the free transform function to position the text or logo so that it appears to be laying down and then try one of the thousands of gold text tutorials that are available on the net, such as this one: http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorial...-metallic-text-effect-in-photoshop--psd-18029

The second, would be to use Ps's (extended) 3D engine to generate the effect which would more than likely be your best bet. I'll look to see if I can find some tutorials on that.

Thank you so much for providing me a hint on how to begin with.. Expecting your future suggestions and responses on this.

Back