What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to make these photo image effects ??

Soumya

How to make these photo image effects ?? Attached 3 images .Pleae help me teach Gurus.i think its feather effects ???

tm1.JPG

tm2.JPG

tm3.JPG

Soumya

Definitely its not the feather effect i just tried with feather effects but its not like the targeted or original one heres my attempt . Gurus please pore in your expert opinions on it .May be its masking or brush work ??

s1.jpg

stock-photo-young-loving-couple-in-paris-holding-hands-near-the-eiffel-tower-294656123.jpg

Another effect.Seems something i am missing in here :(

s2.jpg

stock-photo-carefree-travel-woman-legs-sticking-out-of-window-car-285550673.jpg

Yet another one without success

s3.jpg

team-4.jpg

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is a simple masking technique.

Open the file and duplicate. Turn off the original.
Create a new layer and place it below the duplicate.
Fill the new layer with white.

Select the duplicate layer and add a reveal all layer mask. (White)
Make sure the mask is selected. (white brackets around mask)

Choose your Elliptical Marquis Tool.
Set the feather of the Marquee Tool to 70 to 75 px.
Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 6.42.58 PM.png

Now make a selection around the subjects while holding the shift key.
While holding the shift key and the mouse click, you can also press the spacebar to move your selection around.
Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 6.43.20 PM.png

The selection must extend outward to the edges. If it does not, hit shift > command > I to invert the selection.

It should now look like this.
Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 6.43.44 PM.png

Then hit D on your key board. This returns your Foreground and Background colors to default.
Then hit command + delete. This fills your selection with black.

An Ta Da........your done
Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 6.46.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 7.00.31 PM.png

Soumya

Thank you Iam Sam and MrToM .BTW am a bit confused in this : While holding the shift key and the mouse click, you can also press the spacebar to move your selection around.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
While holding the shift key and the mouse click, you can also press the spacebar to move your selection around.
Yes you can.

When you depress the mouse button to pull the ellipse, hold down the shift key at the same time and it will make the ellipse proportional (round). While holding the shift key and the mouse click, you can also add in the spacebar to re-position the entire ellipse.

Soumya

Yes you can.

When you depress the mouse button to pull the ellipse, hold down the shift key at the same time and it will make the ellipse proportional (round). While holding the shift key and the mouse click, you can also add in the spacebar to re-position the entire ellipse.

Got it its really cool one i can place where ever i want.Really cool tip thanks a ton Iam Sam