What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to create transparent shapes in Photsohop?

archivedb

I need to create 100% transparent objects in Photoshop, in this example I create simple shape using Polygon Tool, Normal mode and anti-alias:

dl.dropbox.com/u/14972445/1.png (can't post links yet, 2 more post to go and I'll edit :))

Now I create a shadow on new layer below, delete the white background, select my shape using Magic Wand Tool (tried every possible Tolerance with anti-alias and without) and the best I'm able to get is:

dl.dropbox.com/u/14972445/2.png

It's even worse with other shapes, any ideas how to fix the final effects ugly edges? Maybe there's another, easier method of achieving what I want?

Steve

Retired Administrator
You can't post links yet but you "can" post the images here by clicking on the
insertimage.png
icon on the toolbar.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Please do; your written description -- as is more often the case than not in describing visual art with words -- just isn't clear. Thanks

SeniorS

Guru
If you have shape then you don't have to erase it for such effect.
Go to Layer panel and set Fill=0%.