What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to check which font is used????

Windows7

Power User
Hi folks,

Regularly i have the problem that i want to know which font is used in a logo because i like it but i can't find the exact font?

Isn't there a option in PS to check the font like for example the 'eyedropper' does with the colors?

iDad

Guru
no not that bI am aware of .

Windows7

Power User
Thank you very much IDad but i have a problem.. :i want to add the font to that site but the problem is that i have a warped text and it's difficult to make it horizontal and the second problem is that the font is too small and on that site they ask to have at least 100pixels high.. but i haven't that?

But here is my logo to check out which font it is:

382647.gif

Windows7

Power User
Font Checker.......
not just me "LOL"

got a font database manager so i can check it visually pretty fast

How or where do you get that man a font database manager?Or do you just mean that you 'guess' which font it is?

Windows7

Power User
Btw man.. :do you really think that this logo is created with Photoshop?

Because i tried everything to make a copy but.. mine looks so different en messy and not that accurate.. the cirkels on the logo are so perfect.. i mean if you find a mistake then i'll be in shock.. :

382647.gif

I think it's created with Illustrator or something?

Here is the best result of me of this logo.. the symbol in the middle i couldn't find and cut it out neither because it's a GIF image and i got an error that i must convert it first to RGB before i can cut it out.. but i don't know how that must be so here it is.. and look what a mess.. :

ricksongracielogo.jpg

I used the exact size and i even hadn't space no more for "association".. :s:s:s

I really don't get it how THEY make that warp perfect and me not!!!!???

Last edited:
Of course you can do it in PS

Whit some time and patience you can achieve a lot of things.

here's my quick attempt at your logo

000_rickson.png

remember practice makes perfection.

Have fun.

iDad

Guru
W7 gets another freebie....... nice job $1_

W7 gets another freebie....... nice job $1_

Thanks iDad

But it wasn't that difficult as may seem to W7

Just some text warp, pen tool to draw and fill the logo in the middle
and some free transform "warp" at the end over the text to make it fit inside the circle

Windows7

Power User
Of course you can do it in PS

Whit some time and patience you can achieve a lot of things.

here's my quick attempt at your logo

View attachment 2794

remember practice makes perfection.

Have fun.

WHAT??????????WTF MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN????????????WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW THE F**CK DID YOU MAKE THAT MAN?????!!!!

IT REALLY LOOKS PERFECT MAN!!!!But how or where did you find/make the symbol in the middle?

And what did you do with the pen tool as you said?

iDad

Guru
Oh the drama! Lmao

Windows7

Power User
Oh the drama! Lmao

You know me man in a meanwhile.. always 'a drama' follows after a great job for me! Hahaahah

Btw:i downloaded Adobe Illustrator CS5 because PS doesn't do everything i want with logos such as 3d and stuff..

Last edited: