What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little help on something I've forgotten!

munrob

Hey all,

I have a solid colored logo (white) and I want to fill it with an image I've taken. I've done this before but I cannot for the life of me remember how I did it!

Could anyone shed some light on it for me?

Thanks in advance!

B

gedstar

Guru
OK all I done was to create the text in white and place the photo image above the text layer, crtl click on the text layers thumbnail to make a selection, then right click on the photo image and select create clipping mask

munrob

Ah,

The logo I have is White with no background so just a solid logo mainly lines and text. I want the image I ave to full the logo only. WIll that above work like it did for the text one?

Ta,
B

munrob

Logo1updatedblack.png

This is it but in black. I want to fill the logo with an image rather than being black? If that makes sense?
Ta,
B

gedstar

Guru
OK I used the Color Range tool to make a selection of the logo, placed the image above the logo layer and clipped it to the logo layer

Last edited:

munrob

Ah!

Thank you!

I've just started using PS CC so working my way around it.

Where's the colour range tool? Is that the pipette when clicking on the colour block?

B

munrob

Thanks,

I've just started using PS CC and still getting to grips with it.

Where is the colour range tool? Ha!

Ta,
B

gedstar

Guru
Color Range

cr.jpg

Use the eye dropper and select the black

select.jpg

Selection with color range

Untitled.jpg

After creating clipping mask