What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Logo: Remove background, convert to black and white / grayscale, up-rez

greenytime

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to take out the background i.e. make it transparent and change the image to black and white (or any colour).

I would also like to save it as a vector image so that I can scale it.

I'm a total newbie at this! I've looked on YouTube but I must be typing in the wrong thing as I haven't found a good tutorial.

If this can be done without using the pen tool, I will be very happy!

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks in advance.

musgo-real-logo.jpg

Is that the full sized image?

Its not going to look pretty if it is regardless of what technique is used.....if you have a larger image then a better solution could be found for you.

Regards.
MrToM.

greenytime:

Should you want it, there are much larger versions of the image that you posted, e.g.:
http://www.exhibitorlist.co.uk/top-drawer-london-2015/images/9ef846bef5a8b45fe92032cc7722eac2.png

I would caution you that the little "R" in a circle means that this is a registered trademark, and it is also almost certainly copyrighted.

If you are the only one who will see the results of Photoshopping this image, you obviously won't have any problems from their lawyers, but if you intend to display the results publicly, especially, for any commercial purpose, you should consider doing so very carefully.

My suggestion is that you learn the techniques involved by working on some other, non-copyrighted image, and then, how you employ the techniques that you learn is entirely up to you. Attached is an image that I threw together for you to practice on, as well as the result of removing the white background, substituting a checkerboard bkgnd, and converting the image to B&W.

HTH,

Tom M

Attachments

• test_text01_698px_square-ps01a-01.jpg
    test_text01_698px_square-ps01a-01.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 10
  • test_text01_698px_square-ps01a-02_new_bkgnd_BW.jpg
    test_text01_698px_square-ps01a-02_new_bkgnd_BW.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 10

Back