What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making it look as though iPhone is being charged

oodya

Hello all,

I am wondering if someone can help please? I am looking at creating a box packaging for a wireless iPhone charging case.

I have an iPhone image with the case around it, but I am struggling a bit on how to change the image in the middle of the iPhone to make it look as though the iPhone is being charged. Would anyone be able to advise please?

I have attached the iPhone image in the case.

Thanks in advance,

Oodya

Attachments

• iPhone wireless charging case.jpg
    iPhone wireless charging case.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 13

gedstar

Guru
Hi Oodya

Don't have an iphone but is this what your talking about, like the battery indicator?

3gsbatterycharging.jpg

oodya

Hello Gedstar,

Thank you for your message. Yes I am looking for something similar to the battery indicator. If the battery sign can be green (showing a charge of 70% - 90%) that would be great. I have had a mess around on Photoshop and amending the perspective, but the end result is not very good.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Oodya

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Gedstar,

Thank you for your message. Yes I am looking for something similar to the battery indicator. If the battery sign can be green (showing a charge of 70% - 90%) that would be great. I have had a mess around on Photoshop and amending the perspective, but the end result is not very good.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Oodya
Can you post an image of the type of charge indicator you would like to appear on the iPhones screen?

gedstar

Guru
Sam you beat me to it, anyway here's one I did

iPhone-wireless-charging-case.jpg

Here's another with the battery in the middle, I think that's what he requested

iPhone-wireless-charging-case.jpg

Last edited:

BP Parker

I think he wanted to replace the image in the middle with the
battery charging indicator. If so I played around with the image a little.
I only started about a week ago so I wasn't real sure how to rotate the battery
on the screen to make it look the phone view.

phone.jpg

oodya

Hello. Thank you for all your messages / assistance to date. I think I might not have explained things clearly. I am looking for something similar to what BP Parker has. And iPhone that looks as though it is being charged. Unfortunately I don't have an iPhone, so I don't even know which symbol it shows or if it shows the percentage as a number.

I want it to look like a real iPhone being charged and the battery indicator to show it in Green. This will hopefully show someone that picks up the box, just by looking at the packaging that inside the box there is something to do with iPhone charging.

I hope this makes sense?

Thank you all for your assistance so far.

Oodya

Helios

I only started about a week ago so I wasn't real sure how to rotate the battery
on the screen to make it look the phone view.

Just as a quick answer to this: Hit ctrl-T to free transform the desired layer. This brings up a box around the contents of the whole layer that can then be resized and skewed by clicking and dragging the edges and corners.
Holding Shift while transforming will constrain the proportions.
Holding Control will skew the image - this is what you want for changing the perspective of the layer, as needs to happen in this iPhone image.
Holding Alt while doing any of these will drag the opposite side of the layer out to the same degree (helpful for maintaining symmetry).

You can undo each step as normal if it doesn't fit what you wanted to do.

Resizing the layer beyond its original dimensions will cause some blurring - this may be the unsatisfactory element that Oodya was referring to when they said they'd played around with this. So it's best to start with a larger image than you need and then transform it down in size, using as few steps as possible.

Hope this helps. :D

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Here's some images I found of an iPhone charging, so can somebody with an iPhone post an image of it charging, I'd say it depends on the model

And just to add to what Helios said, convert the image to a smart object before Free Transforming!

01ec5a89158c4274ae07bf85ca41446b.jpg
iPhone-6-Will-Charge-Its-Battery-Without-a-Cable-Report.jpg

S-IP6G-0100W.jpg

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
Hi oodya

I'm curious,
You say in your original post
"I'm looking at creating a box packaging for a wireless iPhone charging case"
Can you provide an image of the actual packaging that you are working on, I'm just wondering how you are going to use the image that you provided. It may help us in providing a better iPhone image with battery charging for you.

Regards
Ged

Last edited:

oodya

Hello,

Thank you for your messages. I have attached the packaging as it is at the moment.

I have circled a section in Green where I would like to add an iPhone that looks as though it is being charged.

My thinking is that if a potential customer looks at it, by looking at the iPhone charging - they can tell straightaway that it is something to do with charging.

Any general thoughts / recommendations on the packaging would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

Oodya

Attachments

• Packaging - Case Wrapper - iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s.jpg
    Packaging - Case Wrapper - iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s.jpg
    902.6 KB · Views: 4