What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a red filter for photos

peyman88

Hey guys, i found this picture on the web and i like the effect that it has. This red filter of it.

The problem is that i do not know how to get this "Effect". Cause i would like to use a nother image with this effect. Is it possible to get a psd file where i can just put me pictures into and see how they look like and just save it than. Cause i do not know exactly what kind of picture i would use at the end, thats why i think a psd file with the effect would be great.

Hope ya could help me. I attached the picture with the effect so ya could se what exactly i mean.

best regards

hero3.jpg

As always there is more than one way to do this - another option is to click on fx at the bottom of the layers panel and choose "Color Overlay" as the effect. Make sure that in the panel that comes up you choose "Multiply" as the blend mode. You can then choose the colour that you want - you can also vary the strength with the opacity slider.

Cheers

John

As John said, in Photoshop, there is always more than one way to skin a cat. Here's a slightly different final look that one can get by using ACR to convert it to a soft B&W, and then using just nearly zeroing the green and blue endpoint sliders in a curves layer to get the overall red look.

Tom M

Attachments

• f4e927cf7335f7076e0379184bf4da63-tjm01-ps01a-01.jpg
    f4e927cf7335f7076e0379184bf4da63-tjm01-ps01a-01.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 22
re your statement: "Cause i do not know exactly what kind of picture i would use at the end, thats (sic) why i think a psd file with the effect would be great."

You should be aware that with any of these methods, seemingly small differences in the starting image can have a large influence on the final result. Conversely, small changes in the adjustments can have surprisingly large differences in the final look.

If you want to exactly duplicate the look of some image, you should be prepared to spend the time tweaking the starting image itself as well as the adjustments you make to it. In my experience, one will rarely find one approach or group of settings that will duplicate a given look for all starting images.

Tom M

Last edited:

Back