What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Advice/Help on big project

djdancer

I have a project building sliders for my website. However, in the past week I've found a couple of things to be a bit difficult and have a couple of differents Posts going already.

I want to take a normal size picture and reduce the size a bit then put a gradient over the top. I am supposed to be building my website to model danielamoateng.net. However, I have found out this week that with a deadline ahead, Photoshop is not my strong suit. :)

Also, cutting people and objects out of pictures to put in header. I did have a suggestion from someone to load Lazy Nezumi Pro but I couldn't figure out how to use it. Need more guidance. :)

TIA

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Posting images would help.

Lazy Nezumi is more for drawing, it helps smooth out brush strokes. If your making selections of people to remove them from their original background, you need to use the Pen Tool.

Is this all for a school assignment?

edit: Instead of looking for alternatives, you can learn to use the pen tool if you just take about an hour of your time and devote yourself to some pen tool tutorials.

Last edited:

djdancer

IamSam one part of the project is the one you and I worked on. I want mine to somehow look like the sliders I showed on danielamoateng.net. I need for mine to look as good as that but don't know how to get them to look that good. This is for a professionally built website so the bar is raised pretty high for me to produce even pictures. I usually have someone who does it but can't get their time for this project.

Yes, I need to learn how to use the tools. The issue is this: I can no longer write so think that's why I'm having an issue cutting my people and logo's out. I don't have the slighest idea on which tools to use with the Lazy Nezumi but also couldn't get it to work with my Photoshop CS3. I don't know if that was the part of the problem.

Then I cut out the bible and cross out of the the logo to use in one of my sliders but because the image that I cut from was so small the final cut looks very blurry. I'm wondering if I can hide that with a gradient or something else. I did try "Mask" which did help some or... maybe I can make it like the others and just maybe somehow make it into a shadow in the background. Please see the image I cut out and attached copy with this request. I don't know how much help I am allowed to ask for on this forum so if someone could tell me I would so appreciate it. :)
Thank you in advance!! IGradient filled for any project with bible.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
......but because the image that I cut from was so small the final cut looks very blurry. I'm wondering if I can hide that with a gradient or something else.
No. There's no hiding the poor quality.

djdancer said:
........and just maybe somehow make it into a shadow in the background.
I've already shown you how to do this here: https://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photoshop-newbies/57618-can-done.html#post1533733774

djdancer said:
I don't know how much help I am allowed to ask for on this forum so if someone could tell me I would so appreciate it.
Your allowed to ask for as much help as you need or want!!! We have more than answered your questions and given you advice. The problem seems to be that your not really listening to us.

Remember this?: https://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/photoshop-newbies/57618-can-done.html#post1533733729
You need to follow your own advice and abandon the image your trying to use..............it's simply too small and of poor quality for it to be used in the manner you want or will be happy with.
You need to completely rebuild it on a much larger scale in a vector type drawing if you want to use this like the "shadowed" logo we talked about in the other thread.

The sliders your keep reminding us of is comprised of many images. You seem to be stuck on one small aspect of one background.

This slider image is of a cutout man, a logo, a gradient.
Sliders-03-1.jpg

This slider image is a cutout Eagle, and background photo of people with some effects.
Sliders-01-2.jpg

This slider image is of part of the logo in the foreground and a cutout man in the background with some color overlays.
Sliders-02-1.jpg

You have a long way to go. If this project has a nearing deadline, you may not make it.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe a vector logo like this for your "shadowed" background.
(the cross is a bit wonky as I was working fast to create an example!)
Screen Shot 2016-07-08 at 10.46.13 PM.png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would really rather that you created one of your own. In good faith I offered this as an example of what I thought you should be doing, it was never intended to be used on a website.