What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need blue sky added to photo!

Tom Mann

Guru
I love Argos' dramatic clouds. I don't think it's over the top, at all. I would, however, brighten things up a bit, make the colors look like a brighter day everywhere in the photo, not just in the sky, and finally, reduce the noise in the sky. I hope u don't mind, Argos, I used your version to start with.

Cheers,

Tom M

Attachments

• lEWCorJf-Argos_01-tjm01-ps01a-02.jpg
    lEWCorJf-Argos_01-tjm01-ps01a-02.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Argos

Guru
Dont mind at all , i applied a little of hight key filter on the ground to match a little the brightness of the sky, but yes, you're right... it feels short (too dull) compared with the sky.

A lot of work with the colour aberrations do XD.

Love the colour correction on the plain.

Cheers!

Tom Mann

Guru
I like your last version much more than I like my own, Argos! You took much more care than I did in masking, in restraint with the clarity slider (...I went hog wild with it...), etc., and it shows.

I love how some threads can turn into pseudo-collaborative adventures where each version gets better than the previous one. About the only thing I would retain from my version is the over-the-top red in the maple leaf. I like the more graphic art look my more solid red gives the image.

:)

Tom M

Argos

Guru
Thx Tom, is what i love about this forum, when i finish the first retouch i tought it was ok, i not even notice the horrible colour problem on the plain :redface:.

I see what you mean with the red and your graphic art aproach in general, the photo gain in strange (i dont know if it's called that way in english XD), but my tendency in this cases is go for realism. Maybe i give it a try to a more espectacular look just to change and practice XD.

I keep from yours the clarity effect on the plain, more sutile but i like how it looks :thumbsup:.

Cheers!

sanjaymj

This is a great forum to learn from The Gurus.
Taking a few clues from the ongoing discussion I made another attempt.
.Blue sky 1.jpg

Tom Mann

Guru
Good try, Sanjaymj, but here are two things to think about:

a) The sky is a bizarre shade of cyan. I have never seen a sky look that color. It's possible you are not using a calibrated monitor and that is throwing off the accuracy of the colors you see.

b) The skin of the airplane is made of aluminum that is usually seen as having almost no color. In your version, it appears cyan.

Cheers,

Tom M

sanjaymj

Thanks Tom for pointing the mistakes.
Your suggestions will help me to improve .
Thanks again
Sanjaymj