What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Illustrator Need help creating a wave image in Adobe Illustrator

njlech

Hi All,

I was wondering if one of you wonderful talented designers could help me with a procedure for creating a colorful wave in Adobe Illustrator? I have attached a scanned image of what I am looking for. Can you help me figure out how to recreate something like that in Illustrator? I have version CS6. Thanks so much!

​NJ

Attachments

• orangewave.png
    orangewave.png
    160.5 KB · Views: 1

hawkeye

Guru
With the pen tool make a path and use the width tool to get the basic shape. Make several duplicate copies, change colors, rotate and use the width tool as needed.

Attachments

• MaxthonSnap20161007100632.png
    MaxthonSnap20161007100632.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 19

njlech

Hawkeye, this is awesome!! Any chance you could attach the .ai or .eps file, so I can pull it into Illustrator, and play and learn from it? Thank you so much.

hawkeye

Guru
Sure. Just fooling around I split the bottom copy and used a gradient instead.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.ai
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • MaxthonSnap20161007102628.png
    MaxthonSnap20161007102628.png
    15.3 KB · Views: 18

njlech

I had a chance to mess around with the shapes. Effects - Twist and the Width tool were exactly what I was looking for! You just saved me loads of time. Thanks again hawkeye!