What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help exporting an image from a psd

stevejones76

Hey Guys,

I am a new Photoshop user and I have a psd which is our complete mocked up website landing page. I am just trying to grab/export the logo into a jpg file. The logo is its own layer but I cannot figure out how to get a clean way to export a translucent(non white background) logo into its own file. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Create a new canvas the same size as the image. Then with the Move tool (V) drag the layer into the new canvas.

Problem is though, you can't create a translucent(non white background) with a .JPG extension. You can save it as a .PNG and it will stay translucent. :D

Steve,
That saves the entire landing page as one image. I only want the logo and not all the other elements.

You could try F8 which opens the info pallet. Or View> Info, then use the Elliptical Marquee tool to create a circle around the logo and the info pallet should tell you the size. Width and height.

Back