What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help find background for advertice my old car.

novis

I am going to sell my car and I will make good photos of the car. I need backgrounds to put the car in. Hope you understand.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
novis,
There are millions of things that can be used for backgrounds. You will need to be more specific and Google what you want.

MikeMc

McGuru
Or shoot your car on a plain uncluttered background, if you know what depth of field is, open up your lens wide, focus tight...then your masking skills will work magic

MikeMc

McGuru
here you go I grabbed the top two off the net..

For the truck, simple mask was made on a duplicate layer...this was moved onto the "Dune Background layer , which was reversed to make the angles work adjustments, high pass and blend mode were changed....quick easy project....what version do you have ?

This took longer to type and layout than to make with PS

Attachments

• JesseJones_MWP.jpg
    JesseJones_MWP.jpg
    918.6 KB · Views: 3
  • desert-dunes-wallpaper-for-2560x1600-widescreen-12-17.jpg
    desert-dunes-wallpaper-for-2560x1600-widescreen-12-17.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 4
  • truk.PNG
    truk.PNG
    821.1 KB · Views: 4
  • truckondune.PNG
    truckondune.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

novis

My PS is CC x64.

It´s a Mercedes 300CE 24v (c124) so Think the background should be pretty nice,

Thanks for tips and nice photos I must search the net.

Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
My PS is CC x64.

It´s a Mercedes 300CE 24v (c124) so Think the background should be pretty nice,

Thanks for tips and nice photos I must search the net.

Post up your image...you might get some interesting backgrounds

novis

Because I have the car in the garage I put up Another but same model and colour.

Attachments

• MB300ce.jpg
    MB300ce.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 2

MikeMc

McGuru
With that image and a google background, easy to do...I did use a mask for the hues on the window green background...very quick / sloppy....This is simple masking, move , drop, and a bit of transform to get things looking correct

MCDS.jpg

novis

With that image and a google background, easy to do...I did use a mask for the hues on the window green background...very quick / sloppy....This is simple masking, move , drop, and a bit of transform to get things looking correct

View attachment 52839

Very nice. May I ask where you found the image?

Can I use the backround if I whish to show the left side of the car?

novis

Hi again,
it is possible to straighten the car? I can not figure it out.

Attachments

• garage2.jpg
    garage2.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 1

iDesign

Just a quick tip, be careful when flipping the car horizontal, viewers won't know if it's a left/right hand drive. Somethings not looking right with the drop shadow on the image above, try reducing the shadow & positioning it a little better.

novis

I do not mean flipping the car. It´s a left car driving. I mean to straighten the car? You see the back wheel is on the air

Tom Mann

Guru
Depending on how accurately you want this to come out, let me point out that the reflections of the sky and trees on the exterior of the car are highly inappropriate given that it's supposed to be located under a wooden roof, and there are lights on the walls. In addition, the color of the car doesn't in the least reflect the warm colors of the tungsten lights that are supposed to be illuminating it.

HTH,

Tom M

Last edited:

novis

Ok, I hear what you say but my skills is very bad, so it was what I could do.
I put up the two photos. Maby some good guy can show me the right way, and explane the move.

Attachments

• V_ sida.png
    V_ sida.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
  • garage.jpg
    garage.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 5

MikeMc

McGuru
Look at your second image....note the angles the car sits...You need to use the transform tools to adjust size and perspective....easier to do than to explain, just go to edit , transform, look for perspective, push and pull the corners til the angle looks the same

As MikeMc said, I could never explain how I do this either. I just did it.
The car looks better like this, but all the reflections are still there. No way to get rid of them as Tom Mann mentioned in his post.
But maybe this is how you like it.

garage_Merc_chrisdesign.jpg

MrToM

Guru
I've been following this thread from the start and to be honest with you if I saw an advert for a car with obviously 'photoshopped' images I'd be asking myself what the seller has to hide.

Photoshop is widely used to disguise, cover-up, manipulate, improve and generally falsify images.....in short, deceiving the viewer into thinking what they see is original.

Personally I'd take the car to an appropriate location with a good background, take half a dozen good clear decent sized pics and use those in any advertising.

If you just want to try this as an exercise then fine, you've had really good info and examples from the rest of the members to achieve it, but if you want to sell this car then stay away from 'photoshopping' it.

Personally I wouldn't give it a second look, purely because its a 'photoshopped' image....regardless of how good the image / car is.

Just my 2¢.

Regards.
MrTom.