What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help with putting text message screenshot like a background behind another pictu

Quantumfoam

Need help with how I could put a text message screenshot I have like a background image with a foreground picture on top of it.

Kinda like this example:

Attachments

• a1542699832_10.jpg
    a1542699832_10.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 2

Jerry D

Power User
Re: Need help with putting text message screenshot like a background behind another p

Hello Quantumfoam.
Can you post the image that's to be in front? It would help to see what you're working with.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Need help with putting text message screenshot like a background behind another p

Hello and welcome to PSG.

You have two layers.

The bottom layer is the text message screen shot.
Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.15.21 PM.png

On a layer above the Text Message screen shot layer you have the subject layer.
This layer should have a transparent background.
Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.15.40 PM.png

Combined they look like this.....
Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.16.11 PM.png

You could also lower the transparency of the subject layer so you can read the underlying text.
Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.20.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-10-18 at 8.16.19 PM.png

Quantumfoam

Hello Quantumfoam.
Can you post the image that's to be in front? It would help to see what you're working with.

It's a text message looks like this

IMG_0318.1.png

Quantumfoam

Thank you so much! I get it now really appreciate it