What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New guy from Manchester UK

Drew Shaw

Hello there Guys and Girls

I'm new here, just in case you hadn't realised. I'm very much a beginner here rather than a "Guru".

I'm here looking for help and guidance. I figured this would be the place to start.

My first question is Can anyone point me in the right direction of a good website that will give me tutorials and guidance from a beginners level upwards. Free would be great. If not somewhere good that doesn't charge large amounts.

Thank you

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hi Drew,
Welcome to the forum.
Gosh, there is so much free info on Photoshop and related it's hard to point you to just one place. The first place I think of for a tutorial on a Photoshop topic is Youtube. Just go there and do a search on Photoshop. You will be presented with tons of free content.
This forum is a great tool for learning also. If you have questions or need to know how to do a specific task, then simply post it and there are members here from all over the world. We have numerous very competent members from the UK also. So, make yourself at home here and enjoy the forum.

Drew Shaw

Thanks ALB68, I've already made a start with a few You tube tutorials. I'm trying to get the grasp of the basics at the moment to give me a good base to build on.

I Shall asking a lot of questions

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Thanks ALB68, I've already made a start with a few You tube tutorials. I'm trying to get the grasp of the basics at the moment to give me a good base to build on.

I Shall asking a lot of questions

I personally used this very reasonably priced site and I can highly recommend it. You can use this on a no contract basis a month at a time for $25.00 US. Many different courses available and you get access to any of them during your paid period.
http://www.infiniteskills.com/?affid=iskills&network=adwords&gclid=CLCwm7XTm8ICFTFp7AodRWAAQg

Paul

Former Member
Welcome aboard Drew, lots to look through here at PSG, just ask via a new thread on a subject you feel you need help with and i am sure our members will gladly drop a reply with help and guidance.

Just out of interest what sort of Photoshop grabs your melon man?

iDad

Guru
Signup at adobe.com they have numerous free tutorials, AdobeTV... If your legitimate owner of Adobe Products

Drew Shaw

Thanks guys. My background is photography. So my main interest lie really with photo retouching etc. I already use Lightroom. But feel I could improve things and have a bit more fun using Photoshop. Ideally I would like to get myself to the level of a professional retoucher that would be great.