What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"paste profile mismatch" but it is NOT

MoltresRider

The source and destination are the same RGB profile but Photoshop insists that it is not! The error message dialog shows that they are the same but the error still occurs. I do see a "VX922" thrown in the error but when I Google it, only airplane results show up in Google. I then tried adding "Photoshop" to the search and then all was junk! Photoshop throws a "vx922" in the error message which Google knows nothing about in regards to Photoshop

Anybody know what the problem could be or ever heard of this problem?

see attached screenshot

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    156.2 KB · Views: 8

fredfish

Guru
Not sure I know the answer - but do you bay any chance have a ViewSonic Monitor? I searched VX922 color space and came up with references to a ViewSonic VX922 monitor.

Working on that basis this could be a display / monitor driver issue - perhaps have a look in that area -

Cheers

John

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi MoltresRider

There is a misinterpretation of the error message.

There are 3 color spaces/profiles that are each separate from each other

1) The profile of the document you are pasting from (source)
2) The profile of the document you are pasting to (destination)
3) The working RGB profile (this is the default profile is you Color Settings are set to convert to the default working profile.

What is happening in your situation is that your document is in the VX922 color space either by having it read in with that profile or it was converted to the profile in your workflow.

Your default working space is still set to sRGB and the document your are pasting from is also sRGB.

So the warning is that your about to convert the source sRGB document into the VX922 color space of your open document and "are you sure you want to do this"

If the base document was converted to sRGB you would not see these warning messages.

Hope that helps.

John Wheeler