What's new

Pen tool question

cartoonbob

When I'm using the pen tool. Sometimes I might evidently click on something else or I might click a button in th le keyboard. After this happens I can't continue from where I left off. It starts a whole new selection. When I try to alt+z it doesn't fix it either.

So my question is, what do I do to go back and be able to continue the lines I already made for a render?

Also when I do complete the lines with the pen tool, sometimes I can't create a vector mask? Is it something I didn't do correctly or is it just bugging out?

gedstar

Guru
Hi

You should be able to continue on with the Path

Here I used the Pen Tool, and in between drawing the Path I was able to make selections, add effects and could still go back and edit the Path I was working on

View attachment 75213

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When I'm using the pen tool. Sometimes I might evidently click on something else or I might click a button in th le keyboard. After this happens I can't continue from where I left off. It starts a whole new selection. When I try to alt+z it doesn't fix it either.So my question is, what do I do to go back and be able to continue the lines I already made for a render?
When this happens, click once on the last node and continue with the path. If you have started another path and would like to go back to a previous path, hold down the Cmd/Cntrl key and click on the node you would like to continue the path on.

cartoonbob said:
Also when I do complete the lines with the pen tool, sometimes I can't create a vector mask? Is it something I didn't do correctly or is it just bugging out?
Once a path is closed (or before even) you can choose mask from the tools menu bar at the top left side. This will add a vector mask.
Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 11.59.04 AM.png

You can also hold down the Cmd/Cntrl key and click on the add layer mask icon located at the bottom of the layers panel and this will add a vector mask.
Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 12.01.58 PM.png