What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo not showing up on the document window

BayCat

Real newbie :redface:....I right click on the photo and open with PS CS5. I've also tried opening the program and opening the photo from there. I can't get a photo to show up on the document window, just the white/grey checker board. I see the photo on the vertical dock on the right hand side. So I really am stuck at the get go. Ive printed the manual and I have watched some tutorials, just havent found one that helps me with this problem.

PS CS5 Problem 2 - Copy.JPG

BayCat

check your opacity levels only thing I can think of

Also check the size. I thought something wasn't showing up recently and found out it was too small to show on the checkerboard. Trying clicking on the move tool so that the little bounding boxes show.

Or just post file here. If we'll open it normaly then it's PS fault. In that case make screenshot bigger. Can't see color mode or percentage (don't know yet how it could help but still).

Will try those suggestions when I get home tonight. If they dont work I'll post the pix and a larger size of the screen shot. Thanks everyone for your prompt replies and not making me feel like a idiot (more than I already do)!

BayCat

We all have been there in one way or another, no need to feel idiotic .... good luck

Thanks everyone for your prompt replies and not making me feel like a idiot (more than I already do)!
I know what you talking about.
I'm still amazed how polite and mature everybody are here.
That makes me raise myself up.

We all have been there in one way or another, no need to feel idiotic .... good luck
I'm totaly still there.

I zoomed on screen shot to 300% but it breaks down too much. Doesn't look like opacity 0% but doesn't look like 100% either. BayCat will get back to us I'm sure.

If nothing else works then shut down Photoshop. Restart PS and while doing this press down 3 keys: Shift+Ctrl+Alt

This will reset Photoshop back to factory default. Now is should work.

Two easy things to try:

Disable OpenGL Drawing
Use Ctrl+K, Cmd+K on the Mac to open Preferences.
Go to Performance and "Uncheck" Enable OpenGL Drawing
Close then restart Photoshop.

If that doesn't help, reset the Preferences file.
Start Photoshop and immediately hold down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X).

Then, click Yes to the message, "Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?"
Fenix already mentioned the reset.

Good Morning, just wanted to let you'all know I wasn't able to get on my computer last night and try any suggestions. Hopefully tonight. Just didn't want you'all to think I was blowing anyone off. Thanks and looking forward to trying your suggestions.

BayCat

Good Morning,
I had to shut down PS and restart holding down the shift+ctrl+alt keys. It's working as advertised now and I'm off and running. Thank so much for everyones help and support. This forum is not only helpful but is the nicest one I've been on, so respectful. How refreshing.
You'all rock!!!! Thanks again!!!

BayCat

Back