What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop challenge week 16# ????????

Hoogle

Guru
Ok Guys I am Guessing Paul is not around to do a challenge So I have taken it upon myself to Sub in after just realising it has not been done, and I know some of you enjoy it. However this is a spare of the moment thing so free for all I have not put any preporation into this. So the challenge is simple and open Using the skills you have learnt
from either past challenges or anything I challenge you to design a Magazine front cover that is has to reflect the capabilities of Photoshop. Ok free for all until somebody else comes and take over.

This is not an official challenge I just noticed the forum is quiet lately and thought I would step in to give you something to do.

ibclare

Queen Bee
Personally, I applaud this. I was wondering what happened yesterday and where Paul is. I hope he doesn't mind, but I don't think he will cause it keeps his weekly challenge project alive. Kudos for the initiative Hoogleman.

And to me, it sounds like a demanding challenge.

ibclare

Queen Bee
One quick question: you said to apply things we learned in other challenges (if appropriate I assume), but is it OK to use actual images we made. For instance, if we did a good hair extraction for that challenge, can we use it, or do it again?

Hoogle

Guru
I Quote So the challenge is simple and open Using the skills you have learnt
from either past challenges or anything

Hoogle

Guru
Ok here is an example I made unfortunately spent more time making the naughty and nice effects so the layout is not actually very good but it is just to give you an idea
psg Monthly.png

Hoogle

Guru
whats a hoog O lantern Good Job lol made me chuckle especially SeniorS comment

ibclare

Queen Bee
I guess I'll have to make one so you'll know. BRB

OK, kinda quickly done, but here you are, a hoog-o-lantern

Attachments

• hoog-o-lantern.jpg
    hoog-o-lantern.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Vafann

Guru
Personally, I applaud this. I was wondering what happened yesterday and where Paul is. I hope he doesn't mind, but I don't think he will cause it keeps his weekly challenge project alive. Kudos for the initiative Hoogleman.

And to me, it sounds like a demanding challenge.

I know where Paul is, he told me he has bought a new house and is moving, he said that he probably wouldn´t have an internet connection for a while at first. :)

Vafann

Guru
Ok Guys I am Guessing Paul is not around to do a challenge So I have taken it upon myself to Sub in after just realising it has not been done, and I know some of you enjoy it. However this is a spare of the moment thing so free for all I have not put any preporation into this. So the challenge is simple and open Using the skills you have learnt
from either past challenges or anything I challenge you to design a Magazine front cover that is has to reflect the capabilities of Photoshop. Ok free for all until somebody else comes and take over.

This is not an official challenge I just noticed the forum is quiet lately and thought I would step in to give you something to do.
I think this sounds like fun Hoogle ! :)

Vafann

Guru
Very professional Mr. Hoogle. Here's mine, just in time for All Hallow's Eve :devilish:

This was fun to do once I found a bit of creative spark. But labor intensive.

Really cool Clare! I really have to try out this challenge! :)

Vafann

Guru
Very professional Mr. Hoogle. Here's mine, just in time for All Hallow's Eve :devilish:

This was fun to do once I found a bit of creative spark. But labor intensive.

Oh, I just noticed something... the "woman" to the right, is partially transparent, is it supposed to be like that or is it something you missed? :)

Last edited:

ibclare

Queen Bee
And one from spruce!

This is great Spruce and f'ing funny. There could be a chance. Certainly in this challenge so far, I'd say so.

You can't "win" Hoog, lol. I really like your second one. I think my own entry looks more like a poster than a magazine cover. Maybe cuz I don't get any magazines anymore except Newsweek :D

Spruce, I guess I should add (as it has been pointed out to me) that the finger is in pretty bad taste for this forum. And on second look at it, I like the layout, but the picture is a bit offensive. I see why you used it but we should all keep in mind what is appropriate for a forum which has people of all sensitivities visiting and utilizing. Just sayin. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
And why cant I win my own challenge of course I can I had just as much time knowing about it as you bar maybe 30 mins I typed up the thread and thats when I decided what it will be. Anyway I dont want to win it dont want to do it again next week