What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #4

ibclare

Queen Bee
Hi all you Photoshop Gurus! This week the pleasure is mine to create the challenge. I thought I would continue along the same lines of our creations the last couple weeks with a different twist (pun intended).

This week's Challenge #4, is all about Transformations: Free Transform, Puppet Warp and Liquify Filter.

Let's see all the great effects of different transformation tools that you have in your repertoire or decide to explore, creating images from serious to cartoon. I think it would be great to see before and after pics. I'm looking forward to your Photoshopping.

Here are a couple links about the liquify filter provided by $1r_M4x1mu$:
How to Make a Melting Camera Scene | Psdtuts+ or this

A Comprehensive Guide to Photoshop’s Liquify Tool | Psdtuts+

have fun everybody :thumbsup:

Last edited:

iDad

Guru
Back on February 7, 2006 I learned the Liquify Filter and tranform....(more than one day probably weeks spent on it if not months )........ puppet wasnt around yet but I came up with this for macdesktops.net thats where I started desktops hopefully link works

oops
try this
22802HotHeart-med.jpg

Last edited:

Hoogle

Guru
Ok this may not look like much but this is created from just 1 small gradient fill box with a glow effect line duplicated and then grouped then warped then duplicating the group 3 more times to put around the edge to get a kaleidascope effect very simple not really what the challenge is but did have warp free transform in it and best of all this is a 1 attempt shot and took less than 5 mins
Untitled-1.jpg

Ok this may not look like much but this is created from just 1 small gradient fill box with a glow effect line duplicated and then grouped then warped then duplicating the group 3 more times to put around the edge to get a kaleidascope effect very simple not really what the challenge is but did have warp free transform in it and best of all this is a 1 attempt shot and took less than 5 mins

Nice work i love kaleidoscopes.

Paul

Former Member
This is all done with the liquify/bloat and smudge/blur tools only:)

Attachments

• beereyes.jpg
    beereyes.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 87

Paul

Former Member
You can do anything, go on it's fun.

Attachments

• LIQUIFY.jpg
    LIQUIFY.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 36
  • HELLWAY.jpg
    HELLWAY.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 36

ibclare

Queen Bee
Been busy today and I just finished watching tutorials since I've never used either puppet warp or liquify. Then I had some weird pixel destruction when I used channels to make a layer mask, :banghead: so after trying it several times, I went back to square one. Need to find a simpler image to work with. But I'm moving on it! :rolleyes: It's getting late here too so we'll see.

siodre

was working on this one anyway. just some minor transform edits, but it works for the challenge, used transform scale, distort and warp on the rocks below. used scale and warp on the volcano (mountain) to give it the proper size to fit on the back of the fish and warp to make the bottom not so flat. used warp and puppet warp to make the fish fit below and above the water without cutting through the eye.

originals:

Paul

Former Member
Very nice Clare, and the island theme goes on Siodre.