What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #5

This challenge as limitless combinations:)

Attachments

• creatures.jpg
    creatures.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 49
Ok no more for a while:)

Love your melting earth! Here's what I've been working on. Had a little trouble knowing whether my color balance and saturation levels are artistic license or just plain wrong! I'll take any and all comments (what am I saying?) :mrgreen:

Just noticed a rather large cropping error. Can't use my eyes anymore tonight. It has to wait till tomorrow.

Attachments

• starGazer.jpg
    starGazer.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
You guys are all doing great stuff. I don´t think I´m going to be able to do this. I have been sitting with a tutorial for 2 hours now, it´s in a photoshop magazine. "JUST FOR FUN! A WORLD OF YOUR OWN. Have fun creating your very own planets and moons"

FUN??? It´s supposed to be easy and in only 6 steps. I can´t even get past step #2, for some reason I can´t even fill a circle with color all of a sudden. I don´t think the universe wants me messing with it lol.

YES!!! I did it! This is nothing but a start, but now I know how to do it, so I get more creative entries in here. This is cool, this is the first thing I´ve ever really made completely from scratch in Photoshop! These challenges are all so great and useful for learning new skills!

My-planet-1-kopia-för-krymp.jpg

Love your melting earth! Here's what I've been working on. Had a little trouble knowing whether my color balance and saturation levels are artistic license or just plain wrong! I'll take any and all comments (what am I saying?) :mrgreen:

Just noticed a rather large cropping error. Can't use my eyes anymore tonight. It has to wait till tomorrow.

I think it´s very beautiful! :)

See you know you got it in there, we know you have to.

Ok - since Steve talked me into this I will put the very images from the thread "Eclipse ... kind of ...." in this thread as well.

Sure it qualifies Dick.
Create an image anyway you want and post it, it's just a fun challenge.
Since iDad have used one of them already in an image posted here and even Cindy have OK'd them I can just as well toss them in.

So - they are NOT done in Photoshop, more than some touching up in post. They are done in After Effects CS5.5 and rendered out as a PSD still image ...
That's why you won't find a lens flare like this in Photoshop and you won't find a tutorial on how to do them in Photoshop.
Not saying you can't do them in PhS but it will be quite tricky ...

ecl.jpg

... and a tighter crop with a more claustrophobic feel ...

ecl-cl.jpg

There we go ... Done ! :)

Cheater......!!!

Just kidding! Lol

JgraphNet;108052 That's why you won't find a lens flare like this in Photoshop and you won't find a tutorial on how to do them in Photoshop. Not saying you can't do them in PhS but it will be quite tricky ... :)[/QUOTE said:
Nice one JGraph. One of the tutorials, the last one posted by dvx_f8 has a lens flare effect in it. Luna and I both used that tutorial for our planets. I could not get the lens flare to work in the way I wanted. The tut included using a mask and the mask kept swallowing up the flare. I have questions about that masking technique anyway but I'll asks them later. Anyway, tx for sharing your work with the spectacular flash and flare, even if it was "cheating." :naughty:

Last edited:
Nice one JGraph. One of the tutorials, the last one posted by dvx_f8 has a lens flare effect in it. Luna and I both used that tutorial for our planets. I could not get the lens flare to work in the way I wanted. The tut included using a mask and the mask kept swallowing up the flare. I have questions about that masking technique anyway but I'll asks them later. Anyway, tx for sharing your work with the spectacular flash and flare, even if it was "cheating." :naughty:
Thanks ibclare !
I explain how the lensflare is made to Zeeleax and Vafann in the original thread: Eclipse ... kind of ....
Perhaps it can be of some help to you ?

Hey JgraphNet , I had tried to do this in after effects CS 5.5 but I cant get optical flares addon to work with 5.5 I did have it working with CS4 and then I couldnt get the flare to work with the CC sphere effects :S

Hey JgraphNet , I had tried to do this in after effects CS 5.5 but I cant get optical flares addon to work with 5.5 I did have it working with CS4 and then I couldnt get the flare to work with the CC sphere effects :S
If you use the same machine as with CS4 you should be able to just paste the registration file into the Pluginsfolder where you got OF. If you've changed machine you must get a new regfile based on the current Machine ID. See the instructions in the confirmation mail sent to you when you purchased it.
That OF won't work with CC Sphere sounds a bit odd ... there's no reason why it shouldn't if you got it working properly in other cases. They're both 3D-things by default ...

Back