What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #5

Thanks dv8_fx but i still think i'm not.
Two days of scratching brains for something more or less original...brrr...came too hard.
Anyway that was good "push-ups" for creativity.
But PS itself was fun.

And you said you ain't good with these things...
By the way (revisited my post) i said i'm not good at compositions...so...this one isn't composition.
In generally, just one object with speceffects....LoL

P.S. But thanks anyway :)

By the way (revisited my post) i said i'm not good at compositions...so...this one isn't composition.
In generally, just one object with speceffects....LoL

P.S. But thanks anyway :)

Be it applying an effect, creating something out of nothing...... if the creative spirit and inspiration is there, YOU CAN DO IT.....

Okey, i'll agree with you. Actually, i think all can but there's a lot af learning and practising but there's still some limits (which can be pushed a bit of course).
As example, same with swiming. Theoreticly all can swim but there is so many who can't or swim very bad.
With practise you can swim very good. Lets say do 50m in 35sec. But to do it in 22sec needed more than just much of practise.

I so like that expresion:
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
- Arthur Schopenhauer.

P.S.
Be it applying an effect, creating something out of nothing
I would divide improvisation and creativity. Mine was more first one.

posts her arent showing up guys, ig et the update emails but the thread is dead? whats up with the forum?

Thanks Zee. My post showed the broken link. Had fun working on this a first for me. Just a hobbyist and criticism is welcome.

this is amazing anyway very sciency :D the only thing i would suggest is moving the sun down a little so we can see the other line that it's obscuring?

this is amazing anyway very sciency :D the only thing i would suggest is moving the sun down a little so we can see the other line that it's obscuring?

I understand what your saying. I finished the galaxy and thought it was complete. I had the sun as a large soft white brush. I did not like the way it looking once I started adding the planets. I couldn't delete that part after it was all saved and merged. Then I went back and added the sun. I didn't think about using the eraser then adding the sun. I have a second galaxy(different) I will play around with both and see how that effect works.

Thanks

. I couldn't delete that part after it was all saved and merged.

Ouch. Save time and trouble. Save copies of unmerged psd's. I check and recheck even after I save as to be sure it's the right document and if I flattened or changed size or whatever, I even history back and save. I'm just paranoid I guess. Experience taught me :D.

Thanks ibclare!

It turns out that it's extremly easy - How to make a sun in Photoshop w/ Commentary - YouTube (from 3rd tutor given here "Make the Sun with Photoshop" which are removed but there is same more on google).

It's fun. With little improvisation can achieve nice effects.

Tip: make new document 4 times bigger and render all there then copy/paste and transform to 25%. Personally i liked it better than original size rendered clouds.

This one, i added one more diferent cloud it with overlay and moved on top. And to actuall painting tutor blending options added black color overlay.

suneffect.jpg

Same but make painting layer copy, move backwards, make new diferent clouds and played with Outer Glow color and size.

suneffect2.jpg

After all is set (this one little diferent form first smily) then in can clear (transparent) painting layer, take brush (with any color 100% opacity) and have fun :)

suneffect3.jpg

P.S. I know my explanation is weak. If something isn't clear i can upload (if needed) psd file to explore.

P.S. Anyway i made new thread with psd - http://www.photoshopgurus.com/forum/graphic-design-showroom/32021-flame-effect.html#post108606.

Last edited:
Ouch. Save time and trouble. Save copies of unmerged psd's. I check and recheck even after I save as to be sure it's the right document and if I flattened or changed size or whatever, I even history back and save. I'm just paranoid I guess. Experience taught me :D.

Thanks I did learn a lesson from it. I had someone I emailed the file too want to see all of my planet files. The first one I made I flattened after it was complete and saved it. I could not remove the shadow. :( A good lesson learned one project 2 mistakes can't undo.
Thanks ibclare

:)

Back