What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Challenge Week #8

Thanks Vafann. I bookmarked that site. I like your picture. One thing, and I am not sure it isn't my computer screen, color calibration, monitor (hate glossy), but I would like to see more more contrast, a levels or curves adjustment too, a little more black and some sharper highlights in the boy and the fire. I love the starburst sparks!

:eek: :mrgreen:

I went to your tutorial site. Imagine my surprise; it's in Swedish (i think?). But actually, with the English for PS references, I think I could follow it. Looks really interesting. You're OK girl! But you know that :clap:

This ice text image is not precisely in the challenge but came up earlier. I can't share the tutorial unless you're subscribed to lynda.com. It might be available on Deke McClelland's site which gives free access to a lot of his techniques as long as you get a login. Or you can PM me for the steps.

Oh cool! Thank you Clare for both the tips on my fire picture and the ice tutorial tip! I can go see if maybe I can subscribe to lynda.com,. :)

I am glad you liked the photo site you guys, I have to say though that is was Cindy Grundsten, who gave the tip to me first. :)

I just woke up and can hardly see what I am writing yet lol.

an animation showing each step of the process of achieving an image simple really
do your image turn of the layers and effects open up your animation window create a frame which will show your begining image then create a new frame and select the next layer new frame maybe the effect and just keep repeating simple way of getting an animation I guess.
Hoogle-animation.gif

yeah I thought it was just a side effect of the gif but looks like it is in the original 1 as well must check my work better lol

was just messing around so thought I would break down the layers and rebuild them as an animation it is pretty cool to watch if only I did it this quick lol
water-demon.gif

I can't decide if I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley or if I'd want to have her with me in a dark alley! :D

Last edited:
Oh....ok then, thanks for clearing that up?

But adapted of course I did not like the ice effect so changed it to just water and changed a lot of blending modes

Would never of known, unless you had the link or the DVD that is.

well I guess thats a good thing then but then who honestly sticks to a tutorial I got to about step 9 from your link and then just made the ending up as I went along and did it to my personal taste. Like I said I get bored way to easily so doing a big job like that flicking from dvd to photoshop for 2 hours would drive me crazy

Wow this is a challenge possibly out of my league but if I can give it a try in between my busy schedule I will. LOVE that video animation btw !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back