What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop Soft effect

shinto7

Hello,

Would anyone be kind enough to shed some light onto how this 'soft' effect can be created for photos using Photoshop?

I have tried searching on Google with little luck but hoping a PS expert might be able to help :)

THanks!!z1.jpg

I believe you can get that by using curves output levels
or a camera setting
without seeing the original very hard to guess because there are so many factors that come into play

There are so many ways... vignettes, layer mask gradients, PS airbrush, adding a glow effect to a picture, Airbrush..... the final results depends on how you see it.

Here's a sample I was playing with the other day... not an effect like in your image, but a start of something if I would be after a soft effect like yours....

View attachment 2852 the original....

View attachment 2853 by adding a vignette.....

And with the addition of multiple layer copies set in various modes / opacities and gaussian blur added to one layer.......

savannah-6.jpg

Like I said.... it's not like yours... but gives a sort of idea.....

Last edited:

Back