What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshopping/Skinning/Blending? Any methods I can do this?

JoeWinko567

i need some help with blending in photoshop. i explained it in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf83BL5Uryg

here's the picture i'm trying to edit. i'm trying to get the face to blend in with the body:
2558kf6.png

and here's the picture i copied my face from:
2199zmg.png

does anyone know any good ways to do this?
please help <3

gedstar

Guru
Hey Joe and Welcome to PSG

You haven't uploaded any images, to upload images click on this icon

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Select only the 'face' part and save it as FACE.PNG
Select only the 'torso' part and save it as TORSO.PNG

Open Face.png and Torso.png.
Activate Face.png and go to image/adjustments/match colors, choose 'Torso' as source and play with the sliders until the colors matches.

2558kf6 B.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Here's what I would do.......

First I would address the 'painting layer'. This layer needs to be where you like it before you move on. You have the right idea in how you can do this, but I would only work with the multiply, overlay, or soft light blending modes. Otherwise you could use any of the other color adjusting-adjustment layers instead of the 'painting layer'.

Once you have the overall coloration to your satisfaction, I would copy and paste a new 'face layer' and position it over the original skins layer. You can then use the Smudge Tool or the Liquify Filter to manip your face where you want it.

Then add a new layer above the 'face layer' and name it 'blending layer'. This way you work non-destructively.
This will be the layer where you will use the Brush Tool and/or the Clone Stamp Tool to begin blending your face with the original skins layer.

Tone down the tools!
Set your Brush Tools opacity and flows down so that your only applying a thin amount of color at a time. If you mess up, undo or erase.

Another method would be to add an adjustment layer to the 'face layer' in order to adjust your skin tone to better match that of the (adjusted) original skins color. You can always use the adjustment layer-layers mask to limit where the effect is being applied.

Last edited: