What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Mann

Guru
I've taken hundreds of thousands of pix in my life, but this one was one of THE most satisfying shots I have ever taken.

It's far from being high quality or telling a story, but damn, it sure was satisfying. :beerchug:.

PICT0037jpg-acr0-ps02a_8bpc-400px_square.jpg

Anyone want to guess why? ;-)

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
Wonderful thought, Chris, but, unfortunately, you're quite far from the real story. :)

T

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Because this image was the turning point of your future career. It was at this moment you decided that you would become a photographer?

Young Jimi went on to have a short but outstanding musical impact on on the early rock period.

Tom Mann

Guru
I love the scenarios you guyz are coming up with!

For the record, this photo was taken just yesterday.

Hint: It was not taken with visible light. :eek::eek::eek:

T

Tom Mann

Guru
Not quite, but so close that MrToM is definitely the WINNER ! ! !

I am the official photographer for the local fire department. Over the past 3 months, during the middle of the night, this guy has been breaking into the cars of the firefighters and the emergency medical staff and stealing anything of value that he found. There have been 8 separate incidents. The police set up a standard surveillance system, and while it captured images of the suspect, it was too dark in that parking lot, and the distances too great to be able to identify the guy. The police even assigned a detective in an unmarked car to sit all night in our parking lot and be on the lookout for him on quite a few nights. The suspect obviously spotted the police and never came by on any of those nights. It was extremely frustrating that this guy could break into our cars whenever he wanted to.

I had the idea of setting up a bait car with an IR camera concealed inside. A few days after we set it up, the thief struck again. He broke into and vandalized the contents of other cars, but when he got to the bait car, he rummaged through the odds and ends that we placed in it to occupy him while pix were being taken, and he was obviously puzzled why there was nothing of value in this car. He's no longer puzzled: His face is plastered all over the area both in the form of paper "$500 reward" posters in stores, as well as on the social media, email lists, local newsgroups, etc.

The support and response from the local community has been outstanding. People are rightfully outraged that someone is stealing from people whose job it is to protect them.

We got the pictures just yesterday morning, and we figure that someone will probably ID him within a couple of days. Whooo-hoo ! ! !

Tom M

PS - Fortunately, neither my car, nor that of our daughter (an EMT) were ever broken into.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Excellent! I actually thought of something along those lines but chose NOT to post my suspicions for fear of being accused of stereotyping. You have to watch what you say nowadays. I hope they catch the guy.

Paul

Former Member
I was going to say this was your first venture at using a selfie stick:rofl:

Tom Mann

Guru
Update: Based on my close range IR photos, the only photos in which he could be identified, a member of the community ID'ed the crook.

Early yesterday morning, the police executed a search warrant, found a treasure trove of stolen property and promptly arrested him. Rumor has it that when he realized the magnitude of the evidence against him, he promptly confessed. Hopefully, he will enjoy having lots of meals consisting of baloney on white bread washed down by warm cool-aid. :rofl:

Tom M

Status
Not open for further replies.