What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problems with photoshop text and rectangle

dannyedwrds

For some reason the rounded rectangle tool doesn't have rounded edges. Then when using the horizonal text tool no words show up on the picture only the words I typed showed up on layer unless I zoom in 100% then I can barly see the word and the font is arial and at 72 pt. I fixed it before by disabling openGL but I had to reinstall my OS so I disabled it again and this time it didn't fix those two problems

I think your main problem is that your resolution is too low. When making a new document make sure your resolution is set to 72. Also make sure that your radius on your rounded edges tool is set to 5 inches. If you text is too small then highlight 72 on font size while you have the text highlighted and hold down the up arrow and you keyboard until you have a text size to your liking.:D

Last edited:
The radius for the rounded tool is set to 5, and when I tured off openGL the first time everything was working not having to change the radius for the rounded rectangle tool and the horizontal text tool at 12 pt. showed the letters.

ok so everything works

No what im saying is that it originally did not work then I turned off OpenGL in Edit > Preferences > Performance and that worked and everything worked but then I reinstalled my Operating System and disabled OpenGL again and this time it didn't work and the problems are still there.

If you did all i said in my first post then it should work and if it didn't work then you might want to try reinstalling Photoshop.

The resolution is always at 72 and I have set the radius to 5, and I have also reinstalled it along with windows with no luck.

Last edited:
Ive already tried that as well as doing a purge.
My graphics card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Last edited:
I hope you don't mind... but can you post the psd file here.... rectangle and text layers. If I can make it work in my cpu... it may be your graphics card.... unless you want to have your gcard checked out.

your document is 300 inches it's hugh type gonna have to be much bigger to see lol

it helps......... lol good luck ;)

Well the thing is the tutorials I was going off of were saying create a file that 300 x 300 but it didn't specify pixles or inches so I just went with the default

Back