What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about getting a "straight edged stroke" around text


New Member
Hey everyone, I'm trying to stroke some text and have a quick question. Whenever I add a stroke to text it never stays straight edged like the text, it becomes more rounded. Question is, is there a way to stroke the text with the edges staying straight instead of rounded without having to just draw a box around it or something?

Here's a picture of what I'm going for, I'm fine with making a box around the text (there are other characters, rounded characters like an "O"), but it would be a big time saver if there was a way to do it quicker.

Stroke in Photoshop is on the left, desired effect is on the right. The letter "i" might be a bad example, however the effect I'm looking for is a stroke keeping the shape of the text rather than rounding itself.


Maybe this will help. Same fonts and same size stroke. Just changed from outside->inside->centered.
Yeah I'm well aware of the inside outside center setting. Was just trying to see if anyone knew a shortcut to an outside outline that was straight.