What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Tinted file?

vemtion

Hey everyone, im new here, so hey! anyways,, onto the problem. i was working on a project when some weird behaviour started happening, namely it would try to transform an invisible layer and had trouble selecting other layers.
I finally got tired of this and went to close and reopen when it came up with this:
www.photoshopgurus.com.png

It wasnt red when i closed out of it, and obviously alot of the image isnt even loading, photoshop crashes everytime i open this file, but nothings wrong when i open other files.

just some extra info incase it helps, Photoshop CC 64Bit, its not a big picture, only ~1500x500, 300ppi. i didnt really do anything special during the making of it, except making like 5 brushes. any help would really really be appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, this is very strange, I would think about viruses, corrupted PS ( reinstalling ). Maybe sharing psd file could shed some light on it.

Hey everyone, im new here, so hey! anyways,, onto the problem. i was working on a project when some weird behaviour started happening, namely it would try to transform an invisible layer and had trouble selecting other layers.
I finally got tired of this and went to close and reopen when it came up with this:

It wasnt red when i closed out of it, and obviously alot of the image isnt even loading, photoshop crashes everytime i open this file, but nothings wrong when i open other files.

just some extra info incase it helps, Photoshop CC 64Bit, its not a big picture, only ~1500x500, 300ppi. i didnt really do anything special during the making of it, except making like 5 brushes. any help would really really be appreciated

It's difficult to say what your problem is but try resetting your PS preference....

Start Photoshop while holding down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows)
or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS X).

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also try turning off graphics acceleration in case its a graphics card issue. It does sound like a file corruption issue.

One thing I did note in your screenshot is that it looks as if Quick Mask mode is turned on in your Tools Palette (second from bottom icon). That could explain some red tinting yet not many of the other symptoms.

Hope you figure this out soon.

Back