What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Remove part of a drawing (Clear A'tuin paw, Terry Pratchett, Discworld Map)

Oximore

Hello everyone !

For a personal creation I need a picture of A'tuin, the discworld tortoise, with all skin part uncovered.
I want to remove hippos, owl and "angel" wings part whose are in front of the tortoise paw/leg.
Unfortunatly, my desing skill are not that good.

Best resolution I can found online :
OKHwm.jpg

I will next use it as a black and white ressource. So it may not need to be perfect.
I don't care about hippos, owl and angel part whose do not cover the turtle.

Thank you in advance !

Regards,
Benjamin

Ps : GNU Terry Pratchett

Viewtiful

I found a cleaner copy, but it was in Russian. I've removed all the Russian and added some of the English text back in, but let me know if you'd like the rest of it added back comrade.

Attachments

• Discworld-Modded.jpg
    Discworld-Modded.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 8

Oximore

Hey !
Hello Viewtiful, thank you for this nice work !
Even if it miss the crater aspec, I think it is enough for what I need.

I am interested by a link to you original file, if you have it.

See you, komrad !

Edit : I don't find how to edit my title to close this request

Viewtiful

By "crater aspect" you're referring to the scales on the turtle's fins I guess...

Here's the link I found to the Russian version.... I'm pretty sure there's an English version floating about as there are signs to me which suggest the artist removed the English parts and replaced them with Russian... I Googled for "discworld atlas" I think to find the image and there's also a book with the same image on the cover...

http://91.r.photoshare.ru/00914/008b9a2b0dadcf65a65ce28e1e63053a7015b513.jpg

Last edited:

Oximore

Yhea I mean the scales on the turtle's fins.
Thank's for the link.

In fact the map come from a book. I have the french version of it.

Viewtiful

When I first uploaded the pic, I noticed that the front right leg didn't have the lumps and bumps of the other leg, so I added them and replaced the pic in about 20 minutes, so when you mention the missing craters, you might have downloaded the first version. I've now added more lumps and bumps and removed the flag with the last bit of Russian on it.

Attachments

• Discworld-Modded-v3.jpg
    Discworld-Modded-v3.jpg
    7.3 MB · Views: 5

Oximore

Thank you for you dedication !
But as I said in the first post I only needed fins/head part.
I will cut all the rest as I have already vectorized the map part.