What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remove/undo Channel Mixer?

pslane

I was starting a tut and had to open an image provided.
When it opened, it was a channel mix image (if that's what you call it). 4 layers RGB, Red, Green, Blue.

How do I get this image back to one RGB layer? Can I? Never had this happen before. I can send more info if needed.

Thanks
pslan

pslane

Wait a minute. It's my settings. All images are opening up like that! What do I do?

MrToM

Guru
Can you do a FULL UI screen shot?

Can you include both the Layers panel AND the channels panel too?
(One of them can be in the UI shot)

Regards.
MrToM.

pslane

I will do that as soon as I can. Tonight I closed it out and opened an older version--had no problems. I'm closing out and will send you the screen shots tomorrow/ Thanks for replying.

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Pslane

Sounds suspiciously like you are looking at the Channels panel and not the Layers Panel.

The Channels panel when in RGB mode will show all four channels RGB, R, G, B

Hope that helps.

pslane

You are right! I didn't notice that when I was working on a project. (I thought I checked for that)
So after shutting down and completing the project with an older version, today I opened it again and all I had on the palette was channels and paths. I opened layer and the image was okay, one layer, no channels.

Thank you both for the help.
pslane