What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing Camera Shine

uneek78

Is there a quicker way to remove camera shine? I have to individually do several pictures. I was hoping there was a way to batch edit several photos at once. I tried the ShineOff photoshop extension and it doesn't work that well in my opinion.

iDad

Guru
glare?......

uneek78

Yes. I didn't know what to call it, but after googling it I found the term 'camera shine'.

hawkeye

Guru
You're talking about shine on skin. There is no quick method that you can simply apply to different photos. It takes patience and a little time to correct it properly. Painting is usually the best mehod, you'll also want to add a little noise to the paint layer to match the image.

uneek78

No easy way, huh? Okay, well here's my next best question. I'm new to this and decent at doing it. What sounds like a reasonable price to charge someone if I'm not charging by the hour? Or does that sound ridiculous....

iDad

Guru
that is a personal choice, only you know your skill levels and what your hourly expenses include

rbon450

Honestly i don't know what is camera shine? You find it by searching google, right? Then why you are not searching again in google. You can use different site of photoshop video and tutorial and so many books of photoshop. Otherwise you can take the help of experienced people.

uneek78

to rbon450:

Apparently you missed the whole point of a help forum and also the point of my question. I know how to edit the photo, but I want to know if there's a way to edit them all at the same time (which I clearly stated in the original question). Versus editing each photo one by one since I have several to edit. If you weren't going to give a helpful answer; why are you even commenting? Please think about that before you respond to people's questions that are asking for help. You come here for help and advice; not for someone to tell you to leave and find it else where.

General_T

Hi,

I am pretty new to all of this, but I did work through one of "Deke's One on One" book lessons that worked on this exact issue. He basically worked with the dodge and burn tools to lighten the shadows and reduce the "shine" on a womans cheeks. It was a bit of a time consuming process to get just the right amount of correction. I don't think there is anything in PS for a batch correction of this nature.

syami

using burn tool may be can removing a camera shine,,or using clone stamp tool,,or trying and managing color balance,,so you can changing the tolerance of the selection tool until 32