What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Removing print patterns and re-coloring

Jwigham

Hello wise gurus,

I am currently editing some ski action shots. The jackets have a printed pattern. I need to remove the pattern, while keeping the details of the jacket, and re-color the jacket. This is above my limited (self taught) photoshop knowledge. I am not sure how to approach this. If I brush over the pattern, I lose all the jacket detail. I have attached 2 of the images that are giving me the hardest time.

Also, any tips for changing black and white (jackets) to be bright colors would help.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
J

Attachments

• Action Shot-1.jpg
    Action Shot-1.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Action Shot-2.jpg
    Action Shot-2.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 8

Jwigham

It's hard to see, but that looks correct. I just need to be able to change the black to a brighter color.

Jwigham

On the white one, I need the pin stripes to not be visible as all. I also need to be able to color this one into bright colors.

Stric9

Power User
How I did these was to trace out the jackets and use a colorfill over it with blend if so that is only on the parts you want are covered The misc. parts will have to be cloned out.