What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SOS SOS!!! Please i need very fast help!!!!

Windows7

Power User
I got next problem:i opened a new project and created a shape with the pen tool.. and now i want to fill that shape with color BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT THE WHOLE PROJECT FILLS WITH COLOR!!!!!:s:s:s

Pen Problem!.jpg

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Now I do.... lol.... I think you have to select your wand tool, click in the shape and fill up......

..... errrrr.... W7? .... where'd he go? I saw him there a moment ago.... now he's gone.....

Last edited:

Windows7

Power User
Hey man thank you very much but i solved it with to add a layer mask to the shape and then fill it with color..

Windows7

Power User
But i'm sure there are many other ways to fill a shape that you make with the pen tool to fill automatically with color..

iDad

Guru
SOS SOS!!! Please i need very fast help!!!!??????? reminds me of the boy who cried wolf to much LMAO

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
iDad was teasing.... Your heading sounded really urgent...... I was about to click out all my open PSG pages when I spotted your message ..

Glad you found a solution.

Windows7

Power User
Yeah ok man but do you know why i wrote sos?To be sure to get fast help because sometimes nobody reacts.. :s

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
I know the feeling..... sometimes one has to wait for a reply. There could be 100 people roaming the forum, but most are just either passing through or non-members looking around..... and there could be just 2 or 3 members manning the board... apart from the mods.

hawkeye

Guru
With the pen tool still selected right click the path and select Fill Path then choose the foreground or background color.

Windows7

Power User
Ok Hawkeye thank you very much man!!!!You're almost the only one that tries to help us the 'newbies'... hahahah... .

Thx to 'dv8_fx' too!!!!

hawkeye

Guru
You're welcome, most everyone here tries to help. Just so you know, you can also click the far left icon at the bottom of the paths palette to fill with forground color, or click the top triangle icon to access the full menu.

Steve

Retired Administrator
Yeah ok man but do you know why i wrote sos?To be sure to get fast help because sometimes nobody reacts.. :s
I think what iDad is saying is every message from you is Urgent, SOS, NEED HELP NOW!!!, etc..

It gets old and some people will get tired of it when they realize it isn't urgent, isn't an emergency.

They may start ignoring your "Urgent" requests.

Not many posts specifically about Photoshop go unanswered here but people aren't hanging out on-line waiting for the next post to answer.

It could take a couple of hours, be patient, or not, your choice.

I'm just giving you my personal opinion.

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
It was a work path.... lol.... didn't see that, I thought you drew the path directly on the layer.

Just a suggestion, W7..... why don't you group your layer , work path , history pallets into a group.... easy access... It's a matter of preference, tho..... But I find access to them faster.

Windows7

Power User
I think what iDad is saying is every message from you is Urgent, SOS, NEED HELP NOW!!!, etc..

It gets old and some people will get tired of it when they realize it isn't urgent, isn't an emergency.

They may start ignoring your "Urgent" requests.

Not many posts specifically about Photoshop go unanswered here but people aren't hanging out on-line waiting for the next post to answer.

It could take a couple of hours, be patient, or not, your choice.

I'm just giving you my personal opinion.

Don't get me wrong.. some things ARE URGENT FOR ME maybe not for you..