What's new

Specific image blurring and shadowing.

gharsul

Hello dear users of Photoshop Gurus forum!
This is my first post, I am deeply sorry about the fact that my first post is a post wich asks for help and guidance :(
I just started learning photoshop recently, having a lot of fun with it, but I reached a point where I cannot find the solution for my problem.
How can I achieve such specific blur and shadowing like in the image below? It feels like the Tom's muzzle and a little bit of his mouth isn't blurred and then the blur spreads in outer circle.

Attachments

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is my first post, I am deeply sorry about the fact that my first post is a post wich asks for help and guidance :(
Don't be, that's what we are here fro!

gharsul said:
I just started learning photoshop recently, having a lot of fun with it, but I reached a point where I cannot find the solution for my problem.
How can I achieve such specific blur and shadowing like in the image below? It feels like the Tom's muzzle and a little bit of his mouth isn't blurred and then the blur spreads in outer circle.
This appears to be a Radial Blur.

Go to FILTER > BLUR > RADIAL BLUR adjust the center of rotation by clicking and dragging. Adjust the amount of blur rotation.
Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 2.29.09 PM.png

gharsul

Oh you're right! I am very thankful IamSam! I was trying the radial blur already but I messed up with some options at the first try. I guess the shadows from the left side of the image I posted are coming because of the blur, is there a good way to add such shadow by an option or I can just put some dark brush at low opacity in the corners and blur it then?

Argos

Guru
I was trying too, seeing the door i descarted radial. i tried iris blur to get the focus point but still stuck on the double vision effect.

5228_76661.jpg5228_7666123.jpg

gharsul

Any hints towards shadowing the image with shadows coming from the background onto the image? I just want to make the character in the image more pissed and angry and I think some shadows can help in applying such expression.