What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Swan Logo Process

Inkz

Guru
Hey guy's..

Like to share with you a logo I've been working for a little while. I've been working a lot more with my
normal job in retail so haven't had much time to do much graphics. Anyway, a week off so I'm back on it lol.

Here's a simple logo of a Swan designed from 5 different sized circles. I had a basic idea of how the logo will look
be simple sketches so to perfect it I use grids and circles to make it geometrically perfect.

This was designed in Ai.

SwanProcess.png

Thanks for looking in on this project.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great work Daemon!

I'm a huge fan of the geometrically perfect logos but If I'm being honest (and this is only my worthless opinion) it's not working well for this logo.

As it is, it only suggests the head and neck of a swan. For me, although it would defeat the purpose of the geometry, it would look better with the implication of a body.

Maybe with another circle added....
Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 11.19.40 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 11.27.34 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 11.10.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 11.25.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 10.57.57 AM.png

I don't know...........just thinking out loud.

Argos

Guru
I really dont care if it's geometrical or not (but love the process example), what i like is your style converting great ideas in really simple but cool logos, for me thats really hard to do.

Cheers!

btw: ialso like the last one Iamsam did.

Last edited:

Inkz

Guru
Ahhh, I hear what your say Sam.

I didn't really explain the use of the logo. The Swan design here is based on a form of a paperclip this is why I didn't
create a specific shape for the body or wing.

OfficeSwan.png

I know the paperclip shape is slightly off with the part where the Swan's neck and head is but I feel it works, only just lol.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, it makes much more sense now. Thanks! I was looking at it from the perspective of a stand alone logo.

Inkz

Guru
Yes, it makes much more sense now. Thanks! I was looking at it from the perspective of a stand alone logo.

With my logo designs, I try and incorporate multiple meanings for that design specific to the company whilst trying to
keep the logo as simple and clean as possible.

So with this one, Office Swan. You have the paperclip for Office and also the paperclip is in the shape of an "S" so S for Swan.

I think it's going t be a great logo. I like what you've done so far.
Still, the first thing I would adjust is the neck of the swan. Maybe like this?

SwanProcess chrisdesign.jpg

Inkz

Guru
I think it's going t be a great logo. I like what you've done so far.
Still, the first thing I would adjust is the neck of the swan. Maybe like this?

View attachment 74816

Not a bad idea and thanks for your input. However I do prefer the smaller circles of the design to be parallel. Gives
it a more balanced feel to it. Thanks for your two pennies worth though.

SwanLines.png